Team Fortress 2 Update Released

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
A new update just released for Team Fortress 2 Beta, It seems they've fixed the crash on opening the scoreboard. Also they released the Linux Dedicated Server.[br]
Changes/Additions

• Linux Dedicated Server beta release
  • Disabled the loading of background maps

Bug fixes

• Fixed not being able to issue rcon commands with empty strings like: rcon sv_password
  • Fixed refresh rate video mode issue
  • Fixed crash on opening the scoreboard after having changed between windowed and fullscreen
  • Fixed a hitch problem related to mouse updates happening too frequently
  • Fixed sentry muzzleflashes not drawing unless sentry was near the map origin
  • Fixed a crash during loading while starting the game in fullscreen mode
  • Exploit fix related to "join_team".
Restart Steam and download the new update.

Cool, glad to see those crashes fixed!

The mouse cursor issue was irritating too.

Glad they got the rcon thing fixed - that was bugging the hell out of me. I could run a dedicated server; if I put it up without a password, it instantly filled up and I couldn't play on it, and if I put it up -with- a password and joined it, I then couldn't disable the password to let anyone else in. :D

Fantastic, hopefully I can play in fullscreen mode now...was gettin' tired of seeing XP's bright blue bar at the top...

I keep seeing people disappear except for their weapons--that can't be good.

...except for the fact that I can kill them even when they're cloaked... :-D

Nice to see the beta is leading to updates.

They still didn't fix the name changing bug ?

Great to see some updates.

I really hope they fix the awful 'looping-sound-crash bug' in TF2 and Episode One, next. I have a perfectly capable DirectX 9.0c card and I am fed up of having to play with "-dxlevel 81" in order to avoid crashing. :x

Thank goodness, this was a much needed update that addressed a lot of problems many players were having.

Also they fixed the Demoman's stickybomb gun animation :)

im thinking about getting the orange box with Portal, TF 2, and HL2 ep 2 but i wanted to make sure that it would be worth it. I havent tried the beta for TF2 yet. For those of you who have tried the beta...is it worth it?

im thinking about getting the orange box with Portal, TF 2, and HL2 ep 2 but i wanted to make sure that it would be worth it. I havent tried the beta for TF2 yet. For those of you who have tried the beta...is it worth it?

It's worth the pre-order. TF2 is alot of fun ;)

Basicly it's the full game but it's in testing phase.

TF2 is a work of genius IMO. :thumbs:

I really hope they fix the awful 'looping-sound-crash bug' in TF2 and Episode One, next. I have a perfectly capable DirectX 9.0c card and I am fed up of having to play with "-dxlevel 81" in order to avoid crashing. :x
I for one can say they didn't fix the sound looping bug. It started to happen, but then it smoothed out, and naturally I was excited because I thought YAY! FIXT!

I was mistaken. Twenty minutes later, "Hi taskmanager! Hi end process! Hai2u!"

TF2 is alot of fun ;)

QFT

Me and my clannies have been running a server and pretty much everyones conclusion so far is that the key thing about the game is that it is 'FUN' in that there is a much more light hearted aspect to the game which is a nice contrast to say the surly demeanor that constitutes your average CS server atmosphere. The play is as it's appearance.

If you were to introduce a friend to the world of MP gaming, this is the sort of game you want to start them out on because even when they are getting their asses handed to them it's not going to demoralize them to the point they give up on it.

I've been playing multiplayer games for years. I'll admit, I'm still somewhat of a "casual" gamer, whatever that means, but I will tell you this. If I had to pick one MP game, and that was the only MP game I could play for the rest of my life, I would pick TF2 without hesitation. Even with the limited experience I've had with it during the beta. It's that good IMO.

Hmmm...I didn't know there was a way around that bug--I'll have to try that out...

You know, I find I can keep it from crashing if I lift my mouse and don't hit any keys right as it starts looping. It'll stutter for a second or two but then goes back to normal--give it a try, maybe. :)

Back