Team Fortress: The Movie

z0mbin3

Reaction score
I strongly think it could work if done right. First get Pixar to do it. It looks like a Pixar movie and I have yet to see a bad Pixar movie. (Toy Story 2 was not made by Pixar. It would be there first PG-13 rated movie.

Get a good voice cast. Again Pixar has an amazing ability to get the right voice's for the job.

Don't attempt to change the humor. It's perfect the way it is.

Make sure to have a good script that fits the story and style of Team Fortress 2. Pixar is good at making scripts. And good with story.

That's about it for my tastes. All of it hinge's on Pixar. If they don't do it I wont watch it. What do you think? What are your view's? And I plead with you not to just post "No movies it will fail :flame:" Because you can't say that with absolute.

Heres my idea for the cast. I'm not putting pic's up so just Google them.

Scout: John Leguizamo
Soldier: Tommy Lee Jones
Pyro: Matt Stone < Does Kenny on South Park.

Demoman: ?
Heavy Weapons Guy: ?
Engineer: Ron Perlman

Medic: Peter Stormare
Sniper: Paul Hogan
Spy: Jean Reno

Why should you even put up pics since the only thing the actors will be doing is voice acting...?

Pixar just couldnt make a film like that, think of most of TF2's humour is adult based, with 'Say goodbye to ya head wanker' etc. Pixar could never make a movie/film with the word 'wanker' in it.

Saltpeter. If I did put pics up it would help those who don't know or can't remember who the actors are ether remember them or learn them.

Nicky. Just because someone does something doesn't mean that's all they do. Pixar hasn't (to my knowledge) been offered to work on a project like TF2 yet. Doesn't mean they can't or wont, just means they haven't tried.

In the words of John Locke "Don't tell me what I can't do!" - Me speaking on the behalf of Pixar.

I know they havnt decided to make a Team Fortress Movie and they never will. TF2 is a multiplayer game with no storyline to run off, Pixar would never make a TF2 movie in the right way, Pixar would have to take some humerous elements out.

I don't get how you'd make a movie out of a game with no plot whatsoever.

"OH NOES, TEH BLUE IS CAPPING THE POINT! 1HR CGI, YES!11"

No.

I don't get how you'd make a movie out of a game with no plot whatsoever.

"OH NOES, TEH BLUE IS CAPPING THE POINT! 1HR CGI, YES!11"

No.
They'd make a f****** plot!! It's called writing.

But TF2 is awesome because it has NO plot.

I think TF2 is way better for shorts like Valve is making anyway. Well, that and gaming. :D

In Conclusion, this movie idea was terrible...

Why do people always want something to become something else? "ohh lets make this game a movie, lets make that game a movie, lets make this game into a different game, or that one!"

just play games and talk about them -_-

They should make a Team Fortress movie with Ian Mckellen, Anthony Hopkins, Patrick Stewart, and a bunch of other experienced British actors. I think that would make it work.

I wasn't going to post in this thread from the mere stupidity arising from it. But I felt from the rather harsh (but not undeserved) remarks that people have made in response, I felt I should give you some good solid reasoning why it shouldn't be done.

Before I continue, however, I would like to point out that there are other companies out there capable of doing animations other than Pixar. When you say "it looks like a Pixar movie" you sound incredibly ignorant. It looks like a Pixar movie for a reason, and it wasn't done on purpose. Pixar make what they want to make, and there's probably a reason why they haven't made any "PG-13"s

Firstly, Team Fortress 2 is a Valve game. Valve have already stated that they do not want to create a movie from their games for the fear of upsetting their fans. If they believe an idea is good enough, they will do it.

The next point is that it's a game. It has no storyline and no background. Valve are producing "the shorts" to provide a bit of character to the players and the gameplay. Putting a storyline and background to TF2 would just add an extortionate amount of crap to the game. Team Fortress is a game. A multiplayer game. It is good that it doesn't have a storyline behind it. It means it's not tied down.

Thirdly, simply because Hollywood like to extort people from their money and milk everything as much as possible does not mean to say that you should
do it for everything. One might say, upon suggesting a movie for a game, "oh, think outside the box!". But really, raping everything into films has
become so common place, that maybe you should think inside the box for a change. Stop following the flow, because the flow sucks. We might as well make Portal into a movie! There are distinctions between games and movies. It should be kept that way until a suggestion for integrating them is given. That integration is a storyline. So if you want a movie, you're going to have to provide your own bloody storyline.

As to a "cast". Even thinking about it is ridiculous. You think the people who develop the movie will even listen to what you have to say about who should be in a film or who shouldn't? I wonder what Quentin Tarantino would say if you walked up to him and told him his choice of actors for Pulp Fiction was wrong. He should have picked "this, this, this and this". Because of course it's your job to make those decisions isn't it? So you're not a director or producer? Hell, you're not even in the film industry! So what do your opinions matter one iota? And even if you were, what would be the point in sharing them here? No-one would be able to argue with you or discuss them? Because they don't know shit, either!

And stop writing as if it's a list of things to do. It's not. It's a suggestion from yourself. Putting phrases like "I think" or "in my opinion" make things more bearable to read, because you're probably wrong.

As to "no movies it will fail", no I can't say that "with absolute", but I can guarantee it won't be you who makes the decision in the end.

In conclusion, it's a generally poor idea because you've given us no reason to want to agree with you. Go back to the Portal section and suggest a movie there. Everyone here has made some good points, so there's little reason to swear at them. Also multiple exclamation marks are a guaranteed fail.

P.S. I don't hate you, I just think you're incredibly moronic :/

I try to have fun on this forum. I post about my opinion's and throw out my ideas. Yes sometimes I insult someone, provoke someone. Or tell someone there opinion fails. I know I shouldn't do that but I do and so does every one else in all the history of the internet...ever.

The funny thing is I've as in my post's and thread's, have never gotten this much attention in all the forum's for different thing's as they do here. But I hate it. I hate getting constantly flamed. I hate having every post followed by one that attacks me. No matter the substance. I love the Half-Life series... But I hate this forum. This is the last straw and my last post. I'm leaving this... this place which makes Ravenholm look like f****** Disneyland.

And about eight seconds after this is posted it will be followed by a post saying something like...well it wont be nice that's all I know. And I don't care. So in the immortal words of South Park's Eric Cartman.
"Screw you guy's I'm going home!"
What, you're insulted because Druckles called you a moron? Or maybe some people disagreed with you? You're being too sensitive, none of us are out to get you. Every post I have seen in this thread has been civil. Nobody's flaming you or calling you a fag etc. They just said it was a stupid idea. Don't expect every post to be recieved well.

I hope you come back to read this.

If he was well be haved in this thread, he was an idiot in every other.

I try to have fun on this forum. I post about my opinion's and throw out my ideas. Yes sometimes I insult someone, provoke someone. Or tell someone there opinion fails. I know I shouldn't do that but I do and so does every one else in all the history of the internet...ever.

The funny thing is I've as in my post's and thread's, have never gotten this much attention in all the forum's for different thing's as they do here. But I hate it. I hate getting constantly flamed. I hate having every post followed by one that attacks me. No matter the substance. I love the Half-Life series... But I hate this forum. This is the last straw and my last post. I'm leaving this... this place which makes Ravenholm look like f****** Disneyland.

And about eight seconds after this is posted it will be followed by a post saying something like...well it wont be nice that's all I know. And I don't care. So in the immortal words of South Park's Eric Cartman.
"Screw you guy's I'm going home!"

See you around, like a doughnut. ;)

He'll be back. Inevitably registering under a new username.

Tarra, z0mbin3. You might want to create a "im leaving 4 good lol" thread on your way out.

To be honest, I think some of you people acted like twats. Even though the idea is... ugh.

We didnt act like pregnant fish, we only said the idea was a bit...well it was sh*t. And we only provided our opinions, its not our fault that he stormed off because he cant accept negative feedback.

To be honest, I think some of you people acted like twats. Even though the idea is... ugh.

There was no acting like twats. He posted an idea that the majority of people thought was stupid, and they told him so.

Looks like he did return, and edited his post...

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

HE WAS RIGHT, HE WAS RIGHT I TELLZ YA!!

This thread is so boring I can't even come up with a proper sarcastic response.

Friends, we have lost a man,

We have lost only a man,

A man whose desertion from these sacred and most holy forums shall not be mourned,

Only celebrated.

More will enevitably take his place,

And when they do, the world shall again be at peace.

Well said!

Actually, it appears you may have taken his place :D

Welcome aboard!

Actually, it appears you may have taken his place

Welcome aboard!

Aussuming you're talking about me, thank you, I will spend every single moment of my life from now on studying how to become him, to the point where I think exactly like hime.

"Counter-Strike:Source:The Movie", anyone?

DONT!!!

Trust me, Just don't...

I wasn't going to post in this thread from the mere stupidity arising from it. But I felt from the rather harsh (but not undeserved) remarks that people have made in response, I felt I should give you some good solid reasoning why it shouldn't be done.

Before I continue, however, I would like to point out that there are other companies out there capable of doing animations other than Pixar. When you say "it looks like a Pixar movie" you sound incredibly ignorant. It looks like a Pixar movie for a reason, and it wasn't done on purpose. Pixar make what they want to make, and there's probably a reason why they haven't made any "PG-13"s

Firstly, Team Fortress 2 is a Valve game. Valve have already stated that they do not want to create a movie from their games for the fear of upsetting their fans. If they believe an idea is good enough, they will do it.

The next point is that it's a game. It has no storyline and no background. Valve are producing "the shorts" to provide a bit of character to the players and the gameplay. Putting a storyline and background to TF2 would just add an extortionate amount of crap to the game. Team Fortress is a game. A multiplayer game. It is good that it doesn't have a storyline behind it. It means it's not tied down.

Thirdly, simply because Hollywood like to extort people from their money and milk everything as much as possible does not mean to say that you should
do it for everything. One might say, upon suggesting a movie for a game, "oh, think outside the box!". But really, raping everything into films has
become so common place, that maybe you should think inside the box for a change. Stop following the flow, because the flow sucks. We might as well make Portal into a movie! There are distinctions between games and movies. It should be kept that way until a suggestion for integrating them is given. That integration is a storyline. So if you want a movie, you're going to have to provide your own bloody storyline.

As to a "cast". Even thinking about it is ridiculous. You think the people who develop the movie will even listen to what you have to say about who should be in a film or who shouldn't? I wonder what Quentin Tarantino would say if you walked up to him and told him his choice of actors for Pulp Fiction was wrong. He should have picked "this, this, this and this". Because of course it's your job to make those decisions isn't it? So you're not a director or producer? Hell, you're not even in the film industry! So what do your opinions matter one iota? And even if you were, what would be the point in sharing them here? No-one would be able to argue with you or discuss them? Because they don't know shit, either!

And stop writing as if it's a list of things to do. It's not. It's a suggestion from yourself. Putting phrases like "I think" or "in my opinion" make things more bearable to read, because you're probably wrong.

As to "no movies it will fail", no I can't say that "with absolute", but I can guarantee it won't be you who makes the decision in the end.

In conclusion, it's a generally poor idea because you've given us no reason to want to agree with you. Go back to the Portal section and suggest a movie there. Everyone here has made some good points, so there's little reason to swear at them. Also multiple exclamation marks are a guaranteed fail.

P.S. I don't hate you, I just think you're incredibly moronic :/

TL;DR...

ALthough i can tell that from your tone of voice you are angry. And yes, I agree with you.

Maybe you're thinking about Peter Stormare. He's Swedish. Peter Stormae is Norwegian.

Back