Teleportation questions

Mythics

Reaction score
I have a few questions about teleportation.

The humans and the Combine are using a different type of teleportation technology. The Combine are going direclty from point A to point B and can only teleport Citadels. After that, there's a teleportation possibility from citadel to citadel. Next to that, they have to use other infrastructure (roads, water, air).

On the other hand, we (humans) use a teleportation technology with a slingshot with Xen. So, you go from Point A --> Xen --> Point B.

1). Is the 'slow teleport' you're using in Nova Prospect (level "entanglement") a prototype Combine teleport which uses the human teleportation technology or is it based on Combine technology? And is the normal Combine teleportation also 'slow'?

2). The Combine couldn't come to Xen but humans could. Does this mean that the Combine teleportation technology can be blocked (by Nihilanth)? And so yes, how?

3). If the Combine we're 'blocked' from Xen, why not from other planets (this has something to do with the fact that Xen is a borderworld and a crossline of dimensions)?.

Hopefully i'm not asking something impossible :-/

1. The Nova Prospekt teleport was based on Combine technology. When she got there, Mossman started applying the Xen slingshot jazz to it.

2. Combine Teleportation can be blocked. When teleporting to Earth they simply forced the Portal storms wider in order to send the Citadels through, and as we see in EP2 it is very possible to create a kind of shield to block their ability to teleport.

3. Xen is different, I suppose. I don't think the Combine use teleportation all the time to conquer worlds.

And the slow teleport was caused by the explosion that occurs just as you 'port out.

Back