Terraria summary.

FishEagle

Reaction score
Hello, i am Fish Eagle, i am here today to spread the all mighty gospel of Terraria.

Terraria is practically a 2D Version of Minecraft, but in essence better than Minecraft.

There are more monsters, alot of the time more fierce than that of Minecraft's.

There are more and alot better things to craft in Terraria than offered in Minecraft.

Terraria is cheaper than Minecraft and doesn't keep altering its prices.

Realistic lighting features and realistically moving water.

The ability to have multiple guests' move into your house, proving to be very helpful when you do not feel like scavenging for any materials, as if a merchant moves in with you, they will sell you useful items that can help you.

Alot more materials you can build with ranging from wood, to bricks, to clay, to stone, to iron walls and copper walls, swords, hammers, pickaxes and other utilities.

Hidden urns that when cracked open usually have a valuable and most of the time useful reward. (I.E: Health Potion)

The ability to use weapons and learn magic skills to battle monsters with more ease.

When you are chased by zombies, you can hide inside of your house or underground until daylight comes, then the zombies and other creatures will leave.

And many other features i have probably failed to mention.

I suggest that you check out the game as soon as possible, really good game play, very similar to Minecraft

Other than being an open world construction and exploration game the two don't have that much in common.

You won't win anyone over trying to say its "better" than Minecraft as the two games are really very different. Because Terraria is 2D its able to do things minecraft cant because of hardware requirements, but the 2D is a big limitation as well

It really does look like fun, maybe I'll try it when I'm done building underground cities in minecraft.

I'd compare it to games like Spelunky more than anything.

I found Minecraft a lot more fun. It felt like it was trying to be too many things at once and was shallow in all of them.

A cave explorer(spelunky), a builder(minecraft), and an rpg(name an rpg here). When you could play any one of those and it'd be much better than Terraria.

Not to mention that the dev is a huge hipster ****** and doesn't deserve money

tbh it should have been free, he didn't even have an open beta, just sorta released it

What's wrong with not having an open beta?

Why should it have been free? I Had a lot of fun with it and it was most definitely worth the $10 price tag. Not to mention it seems to get large content updates every few weeks.

The only thing I can't stand about it, atm, is how tedious it is to remove and place background walls.
They really need to widen the wall tiles or something, they're tiny to the point of making it impossible to tell if the entire wall is done or not until you get slimes and other enemies spawning in your house.

The only thing I can't stand about it, atm, is how tedious it is to remove and place background walls.
They really need to widen the wall tiles or something, they're tiny to the point of making it impossible to tell if the entire wall is done or not until you get slimes and other enemies spawning in your house.

This. It makes me avoid building big houses because I never feel like placing 4,000 walls.

I also agree with lord_raken; they're definitely different games. Plus, Minecraft is a lot more fun and has sucked up a ton more of my time than Terraria has.

And is continuing to evolve. Recent news is that they are expanding the multiplayer potential of the game with the next couple of patches. Notably an ability to generate a ctf world.

Very true, though sadly it is difficult to make a demo that leaves the player wanting more, yet shows off what the game has to offer. A demo like the one that minecraft has (worlds only last for 5 in game days) could work though.

Back