terrible lag and usually 30 sec freezes

cahemdue

Reaction score
I do freeze or lag in a lot of games and it's not my processing/gfx power or a internet speed issue but in L4D2 esp it's game-breaking most times. If I play it 10 times I will have serious lag 10 times and probably 8 of of those times I will have to quit the game because I will get 10-30 sec long freezes with no sound loop.

I was just curious if anyone else had this sort of problem? I recently re-installed XP and drivers and all that so I'm not too keen on another re-install.

Thanks

It's probably your processing/gfx power.

>still using XP
what is this, 2006?

>still using XP
what is this, 2006?
What are you, an M$ Fanboi? It's not like the benefits of DX11 are reaped using L4D2, as it's graphics aren't that good. XP should do fine running such games - at least to me it does, when I down-tune the settings so that the game runs smoothly on my several-yrs-old machine.

Only way to know is to;

Lower your graphics settings, see if that makes any difference.

Rollback your graphics drivers. Could simply be corrupted drivers due to an incorrect install or something like corrupted driver files from the card's provider.

List your system specs.

Does it do it in any other games?

Did it do it before you format? If not then it may be a driver issue like Dynasty said.

Back