Terrorist/Counter team is full [SDK]

M

MoshMage

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I actually registered after reading some tutorials [and viewing] in this very same orum, so.. that's probably the reason i'm here now -- yesh, i shink you are godshs. heh :)

So, off-topic over, the problem is: When i set the entity tool to "info_player_start", "info_player_counterterrorist" or "info_player_terrorist" it spawns a ERROR graphic in red (pretty ugly and annoing btw).

So, i thought.. i'll just do a prop_physics of the two characters (terrorists and CTs) and that should do it, WRONG! didn't work either.

And, when i try to test-run the map; it says "Team *terrosrist/counter terrorist* is full!" in both teams every time, and i can just test it as a spectator.

So.. since i don't know that much of SDK, i was wondering if you godshs had had this problem.

(sorry or any, non-intentional, spelling mistakes)

You need one "info_player_start" and almost one "info_player_counterterrorist" or "info_player_terterrorist". Place "info_player_counterterrorist" and "info_player_terterrorist" some units above the ground also to prevent errors.

Gl ;)

You need one "info_player_start" and almost one "info_player_counterterrorist" or "info_player_terterrorist". Place "info_player_counterterrorist" and "info_player_terterrorist" some units above the ground also to prevent errors.

Gl ;)

yeah, i did it and when i switch the entity to info_player_start/terrorist/counterterrorist (any of them) instead of a terrorist/countertrerrorist model it appears a "ERROR" graphic.

When playing, only spectator is avaliable. no entity is touching anything or is there any brush laying around.

maybe, you godsh need the compile log?

Refresh sdk content, check you haven't got a custom fgd (I think it was the extension... check in options xD), check you have chosen "counter strike source" before launching hammer, verify integrity of tool cache (right button over source sdk icon in steam/properties) etc Try doing all those options and see if it works. Maybe reinstalling will solve that if everything else fails.

Ah!

For CSS you need info_player_terrorist and info_player_counterterrorist entities. NO infor_player_start is needed. Hammers Check for errors will whine about this but that can be ignored.

The spawns should be a few (8-16) units above the ground and not touching enything else.

To check if your spawn points are invalid then you shuold run your map manually from CSS and have develpoer set to 2. If the points are invalid then the console will be flooded with errors.

THe reason why you cant join any team is simply because there are no spawns.

Regarding the ERROR graphic when placing info_player_* then this can also be ignored. It will not be seen ingame and your players will spawn normally.

Oh, and give us the log, I think that your map does infact not compile properly.

Ah!

For CSS you need info_player_terrorist and info_player_counterterrorist entities. NO infor_player_start is needed. Hammers Check for errors will whine about this but that can be ignored.

The spawns should be a few (8-16) units above the ground and not touching enything else.

To check if your spawn points are invalid then you shuold run your map manually from CSS and have develpoer set to 2. If the points are invalid then the console will be flooded with errors.

THe reason why you cant join any team is simply because there are no spawns.

Regarding the ERROR graphic when placing info_player_* then this can also be ignored. It will not be seen ingame and your players will spawn normally.

Oh, and give us the log, I think that your map does infact not compile properly.

Thanks for the detailed help!

Althought, i uninstalled and installed SDK and it ran perfectly well. Maybe i had some structure outside and didnt see or anything else.

It works, that's what counts.
Oh, and your advice on the spawns helped me 'lot :)

Sorry for the late answer, i was internet-less for a couple of days.
Thanks once again =)

Same exact problem, and the screen behind team selection was pitch black. Did you go into Hammer and select Tools->Options... and under Game Configurations and under Game Data files add CStrike.fgd? That's what I did. Didn't fix it but got it to where you're at right now.

Back