TF2 Blog: Secret Project, Skyrim Steam Workshop & Meet the Pyro Coming

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
[br]
There is a rather large post on the TF2 Blog today getting us ready for some rather large updates. One of which provides almost no information on the so-called 'Secret TF2 project' which will give players 'something brand new for 2012'. Rest assured it isn't a hat or map though.[br]The Steam Workshop system which allows people to submit items to be implemented into TF2 now has it's own Steam Workshop Blog with an update from Bethesda on the soon to be released Skyrim Workshop which allows Steam mod support. Check out this video on how it works (1 minute onwards especially). [br]Lastly, Meet the Pyro will be coming out 'this year' which equates to what in Valve time? All that is said for now is that 'There will be blood.' Also the Saxxy Awards will be returning this year for it's second award ceremony.[br]

I wonder if the plan to show the pyro's eyes is still going to happen. I'm actually dreading this, "Meet the..." video; I don't want to see female pyro disproven.

Whoa, this is the latest to the catch I've seen you guys

Even my school's quiet little steam group made an announcement on steam for this just moments before it came up.

You are really good at informing though.

I wonder if the plan to show the pyro's eyes is still going to happen. I'm actually dreading this, "Meet the..." video; I don't want to see female pyro disproven.

I do. Badly. It's a silly thought that didn't have good reason behind it. Besides, we'll probably see some kind of "Two-Face" look of some sort if they do show it.

It was my birthday Venomous, it only happens once a year. I'll post it within 5 minutes of it being published next time!

I do. Badly. It's a silly thought that didn't have good reason behind it. Besides, we'll probably see some kind of "Two-Face" look of some sort if they do show it.
Hey man, pyro's got a purse and a flower hat. Reason enough.

Also if it was some kind of "Two Face," with burns, and it was a female, pyro would be Hanako from Katawa Shoujo. And I think that's an idea that everyone can get behind.

If Pyro isn't revealed to be female, I'm flipping the table and storming out.

I don't care as long as the video is good but my predicition: They're never going to reveal it one way or the other. They like teasing their fans too much.

A secret project and a secret in the Saxxy's, related? Didn't they say the tools to make "Meet the..." videos would be released once Meet the Pyro had been released?

Yeah the Pyro will probably appear frustratingly androgynous.

When I read your double posts, my eyes saw one post saying that you'd flip out if it was female and one if it wasn't female. Sounded better in my head...

When I read your double posts, my eyes saw one post saying that you'd flip out if it was female and one if it wasn't female. Sounded better in my head...

That would have been perfect. Also,

Pyro's so obviously just a dude

Back