TF2 not free...????????

G

GreedyGuts

Hi all.

First post and all that.

Been checking HL2.net on a regular basis - nice site Munro :) (You used to play Wireplay TFC, right?)

Just a question I had, purely out of satisfying my own curiosity more than anything else.......

People seem very adamant that TF2 will be a retail product. Has this come direct from the mouth of Valve or somewhere else????

As I say, just asking out of curiosity.....

Valve has made no official announcement on TF2, other than an announcement would soon follow the release of HL2. I would have to say that there's little to no chance of TF2 being a free-download. I don't believe it was originally designed as a free download, and espeically not now. Same with Counter-Strike 2. They'd be passing up two of the most financial sound desicions in the gaming industry. It just wouldn't make sense to make them free.

lol dude. For all we know TF2 can come along with HL2's main release. It could come later, it could be stand-alone (doubtfully). They've kept HL2 itself a secret for so long and we had no clue and they just surprised us with this game . Don't you think it's quite possible that they might also surprise us with some mods?

Here is a tweaker.... Here's how I'm gona put my money.....................................................................................
First it will be HL2 by itself.
Then it will release a Game of the Year pack (you know its gona get another 50 awards)
Then release CS2 and TF2 retail.
Then release the Platinum pack HL2, CS2, TF2, and maybe a mod they bought.

They will just repeate what they did for HL. But they would really suprise and delight most if not all of the gaming community if it came with TF2. When I bought HL (2 years ago) I bought the Game of the Year edition. I think smartest move is to do what they have already shown works.

Money wise: HL2, CS2, and TF2 will all be retail all at one time. Then Game of the Year edition, then Platinum packs.

Crowd pleaser wise: HL2 with TF2. (CS2 wouldn't be finantially smart adding to that set)

X-Play showed their E3 shows this week on TechTV. Sessler reported that HL2 was going to be a singleplayer only release for Sept 30th, and that multiplayer would come later.

Perhaps he was misinformed? I doubt he'd make that big of a misconception though, I'm sure someone at Vavle had to inform him.

HL2 is not single-player only. it has been said by Gabe.

on a side note; MORGAN WEBB IS A GODDESS :(

I dont think valve is stupid as to release singleplayer only...

Man, read the entire post before you speak. I said the Sept 30th release of HL2 would not include multiplayer, but it WOULD be released later. I never said HL2 was singleplayer only.

Originally posted by Sirius
Man, read the entire post before you speak. I said the Sept 30th release of HL2 would not include multiplayer, but it WOULD be released later. I never said HL2 was singleplayer only.

ok maybe you misunderstood me. What I whas trying to say whas that they are not gonna release single player first and then multiplayer...they gonna do both at same time.

HL2 will include multiplayer. not that difficult to understand.

I'm not questioning if HL2 will include mp, I'm questioning WHEN.

X-Play showed their E3 shows this week on TechTV. Sessler reported that HL2 was going to be a singleplayer only release for Sept 30th, and that multiplayer would come later.

Perhaps he was misinformed? I doubt he'd make that big of a misconception though, I'm sure someone at Vavle had to inform him.

I just think he got confused when he was told that info on the multiplayer part of Hl2 would be uncovered later...I'm pretty sure HL2 will ship with MP....

Back