Tf2 Won't load

arrow2pwnu

Reaction score
Whenever I load up tf2, steam pops up saying "Preparing to launch Team Fortress 2..." and like normal steam games, it goes away, but nothing loads up after that. I look in my processes, and it has hl2.exe open, which means SOMETHING is happening, though it's not loading up. Once in a while, it will load up, but it will either get stuck on the first page, or will get stuck when I enter a game. Please help as I want to play!!! The same problem happens to counter strike: source, though I can never get that to load up. Thank you very much - Arrow2pwnu

Is your computer capable of running these games? If so ensure you have updated your graphics card drivers first. Also what other programs do you have running? Turn off a bunch of unnecessary ones. (run [windows key + R] > msconfig > start-up tab > untick unnecessary processes).

My computer is definitely capable of running these games. I have an intel 990x Extreme Edition processor running at 3.5 ghz, 24 GB DDR3 Corsair vengance RAM, an MSI GTX 580 Twin Frozr II, and the drivers are updated to the latest version.

What other games have you got installed on steam?

Did you do a "Check File integrity scan"?

Back