That just your opinion..

Here's a better question, why are you staying with three roommates?! Is the rent that expensive?

But unfortunately, his cat does live with him. People like that ought to be shot.
That would be too clean for him. I think personally he should be drawn and quartered.
Ennui I wanted to shoot your roommate for you halfway through your story. Why didn't you kick him the hell out??
Not really possible. Our house was extremely tense by the end of the year. My other roommate and I both ****ing hated him and his gf's guts, whereas at the beginning of the year we were all on pretty good terms. He's just literal, honest to god sociopath and a piece of shit besides. I have soooo many more stories, that's only the tip of the iceberg.

Ennui, I'd like to use your story to coin a phrase:

Opinions are like assholes, but not all assholes are created equal.

Hahaha I approve :D

Remus: I wanted to live in a house instead of an apartment, and near to the university campus (walking distance) is relatively expensive rent wise, so I needed 3 roommates instead of 1 or 2. I don't live there anymore, thank god.

Wow. I've known some arseholes in my time, but that man takes the biscuit, I don't know how you tolerated him for that long. The shouting and pinning the cat to the floor would have been a final straw for me, I cannot abide cruelty to animals of any kind, it absolutely appalling that he is/was a cat owner.

And I'm glad people agree with me on this, because most of my friends don't as they are usually the ones who are telling me that it's just my opinion >_>

Right. Except in your example, person 2 is an idiot who could have easily argued with facts, but instead chose the easy way out by treating the word "opinion" like a pejorative. I mean, if it's "just" their opinion, then it obviously has no basis in reality. Right?

Devil's Advocating here.

What if someone wants to avoid a pointless argument, even if they do disagree? Does that still make them wrong if they "cop out"?

Just sayin'.

Usually I go with "you're an idiot" or "shut up." :v

Nah, I see what you're going for though. In that case you're basically just using it as a way of saying "agree to disagree," which isn't really the context in which I find it annoying. Can't speak for anyone else, though.

Devil's Advocating here.

What if someone wants to avoid a pointless argument, even if they do disagree? Does that still make them wrong if they "cop out"?

Just sayin'.

Well the debate of whether or not trying to stop an argument from happening is "copping out" is moot when one of you has to be the one to clean up cat shit.

You must take the cat shit duties like a man. Stand up straight with your head held high, puff out your chest and place your clenched fists on your hips as you take up your mission, all the while imagining the theme tune to 'Airwolf' playing in your head as you do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXehSng0NV4&feature=related

My point was that one of you has to lose the argument and clean up the cat shit, you can't just let it fizzle out with a disarming "we are each entitled to our own opinions" bullshit response.

Taking out cat shit is hardly much to do with opinions, really. It's about a cat shit that needs taking out and two pussies who need to suck it up arguing over who does it. IT'S JUST CAT SHIT, TAKE IT OUT, MAN, CLEAN YOUR HOUSE.

I hate people who add "in my opinion" to almost every statement they make.

I hate them so much.

I hate people who add "in my opinion" to almost every statement they make.

I hate them so much.

Would you rather do as they do on Internet forums and state all of their opinions as fact? FACT: ALL AMD CARDS ARE SHIT LIKE OUT OF A BUTT.

Back