The Adventures of Hercule Cubbage: Chapters 1 & 2

Mythos

Hunter
Reaction score
Hello there! I'm Mythos, a fellow Half-Life fan and occasional comic creator. My latest work is The Adventures of Hercule Cubbage, a series that Marc Laidlaw himself has approved. I decided to join the ValveTime forum and share my comic series with you guys, I hope you'll like it. Right now, there are two chapters available online, with more to come in the near future.

While there might be some surprises in the story, I'm sticking pretty close to the canon (with the obvious exception of the main character). So, as far as "fan-fiction" goes, I'm playing it pretty straight, but I'll let you be the judge of that. Enjoy!

taohc1_cover.jpg

taohc1_1.jpg

taohc1_2.jpg

taohc1_3.jpg

taohc1_4.jpg

taohc1_5.jpg

taohc1_61.jpg

taohc1_7.jpg

taohc1_8.jpg

taohc1_9.jpg

taohc1_10.jpg

taohc1_11.jpg

taohc1_12.jpg

taohc1_141.jpg

taohc1_14.jpg

taohc1_15.jpg

taohc1_16.jpg

taohc1_17.jpg

taohc1_18.jpg

taohc1_19.jpg

taohc1_20.jpg

taohc2_000.jpg

taohc2_001.jpg

taohc2_002.jpg

taohc2_003.jpg

taohc2_004.jpg

taohc2_005.jpg

taohc2_006.jpg

taohc2_007.jpg

taohc2_008.jpg

taohc2_009.jpg

taohc2_010.jpg

taohc2_011.jpg

taohc2_012.jpg

taohc2_013.jpg

taohc2_014.jpg

taohc2_015.jpg

taohc2_016.jpg

taohc2_017.jpg

taohc2_018.jpg

taohc2_019.jpg

taohc2_020.jpg

I hope you'll reply with your opinions and feedback. For more comics or updates on this series, feel free to check my blog; I realize that might sound like an ad, but I'm not competing with ValveTime, it's more of a personal, comics-oriented thing.

That was a lot well-executed than I expected it to be.

That was a lot well-executed than I expected it to be.
I get that a lot - and I can't say I blame you for low expectations, I've seen some truly awful stuff, which is why I put so much work into these. I hope you liked it.

That was pretty cool. The writing is a lot better than most of the fan comics I've seen. Well structured, and quite funny in places. Well done. Look forward to Episode 3.... sorry, Chapter 3 ;)

I get that a lot - and I can't say I blame you for low expectations, I've seen some truly awful stuff, which is why I put so much work into these. I hope you liked it.

It's actually pretty fun. Kudos.

Thank you both! I really appreciate the support and I'm glad you've enjoyed the ride. Unlike your favorite episodes, this one will continue onwards to 3 and so on... but, well, Valve time does apply in my particular case.

DWXQ9BK.png

He did a poor job of hiding it.

btw if you use Chrome, I highly recommend RSS Feed Reader. (You don't even have to hunt for the rss links, it will show any available feeds from the page you're on!)

Does your site have an RSS feed?
Why, yes, and also a flimsy Facebook page. It's not a particularly big site nor will it probably be at any point in the future, but I do appreciate the interest!

DWXQ9BK.png

He did a poor job of hiding it.
That feature already came with the Wordpress theme, I'm just putting it to use. Originally I didn't display it, but I figured why not.

I haven't got a facebook, but the RSS link is appreciated. I like RSS for keeping up with smaller sites that don't update as often, since I don't have the time to check a dozen sites a day in hopes of one of them having added some content.

I understand. Plus, like you said, it's a small site, so every "repeat customer" is very appreciated - thank you! I'll be around though, so you'll be seeing stuff here, too.

(I'm kidding with the "customer" remark, by the way - my annual revenue with the site is exactly negative 20 euros, spent for the domain. I do it for fun and hopefully the entertainment of others, not for money. Just thought I should clarify that!)

I have the nickname Indy with my friends because of my costume choice a couple years ago.

Well, I do appreciate a cultured man of many faces taking an interesting in my little site.

Call me slow, but I hadn't noticed my mistake until now. Then again, English is not my mother tongue. You guys really know how to welcome new members.

Back