The ant-aliens are lame

Could the ant aliens have been done better?

• Yes, they could have had more alien features

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • No, they seem pretty cool from the videos

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • This poll sucks, I'm writing my own post. HL2 0w3ns j00!!!11

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters

ParaBellum

Reaction score
There, I said it. They look like the result of some late night boredom/temporary insanity by some Valve artist trying to meet a deadline. Like a mix of ants and spiders, only 20 times bigger. They really aren't the most creative alien beings I have ever seen. And what's up with them coming out of the ground so quickly? Very unrealistic. And that jumping 30 feet in the air attack!!?? WTF? :x

Oh well, northing's perfect. :sleep:

its really funny when people talk like that.

I voted option 2...urm...the second one down :D

I voted for #3! And you sound like one of those crazy retarded nitpickers. Get a freaking life!

Originally posted by ParaBellum
There, I said it. They look like the result of some late night boredom/temporary insanity by some Valve artist trying to meet a deadline. Like a mix of ants and spiders, only 20 times bigger. They really aren't the most creative alien beings I have ever seen. And what's up with them coming out of the ground so quickly? Very unrealistic. And that jumping 30 feet in the air attack!!?? WTF? :x

Oh well, northing's perfect. :sleep:

20 times bigger?`LOL more like 50000 times bigger than an ant..

can anyone please disable voting? I hate voting poll topics. there useless

:cheese: :cheese:

The aliens were nice in the vids.

U guys are just to funny

Originally posted by chili pepper
I voted for #3! And you sound like one of those crazy retarded nitpickers. Get a freaking life!
STFU, that's my opinion. Why were they jumping around 30 feet in the air? Looked so unrealistic. I'd kill those crazy ants myself.

Originally posted by ParaBellum
1 @M 5O MUch l3Et3r th3N YOU, 4ND i wIll pwn J00 1N HL2. :dork: :D

Oh yeah?

mI p07@703$ I$ b3t3R th@n j00r$!

:E

I think they are cool. Perhaps my only complaint is they remind me of the bugs from Starship Troopers in a way. Other than that I am looking forward to blowing them away and sending them off to cut up some combine. :)

yeah, they're kind of like zerglings from starcraft and the aliens from SST.

why do you hate that unrealism? how do you know alien ant guys should take longer to unborrow? have you seen them before? :-P

i have two in my backyard and they borrow exactly like that!
;)

Shenanigans!

Nah, it's just that they should look more weird cause they're aliens. Right now they look like some mutated earth animal. Which is ok I guess, but I was looking for something a little more new and interesting.

The aliens look nice, Someone will probably make new models for them anyway after its out so dont worry.

Back