• Haven't had any :D

Votes: 25 30.5%
  • Just the one or two.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Every now and then.

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Very frequently.

Votes: 15 18.3%
  • It's so bad I can't really play at all.

Votes: 10 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What antivirus do you have?

I had the same thing with AVG, and all problems gone when I uninstalled it - I could even bring it back to directx level 9 and see the game as it was meant to be seen!

how ironic...after uninstalling AVG TF2 Still did not work for me, but EP1 did...

I was previously getting the "failed to lock vertex buffer CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer" engine error and the "failed to lock index buffer CMeshDX8::LockIndexBuffer" engine error. and this seemed to fix it. Playing EP1 fine now, thanks...any other suggestions for TF2

how ironic...after uninstalling AVG TF2 Still did not work for me, but EP1 did...

I was previously getting the "failed to lock vertex buffer CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer" engine error and the "failed to lock index buffer CMeshDX8::LockIndexBuffer" engine error. and this seemed to fix it. Playing EP1 fine now, thanks...any other suggestions for TF2

The AVG collision with TF2 was confirmed by VALVe btw.

why is the poll closed? I thought it was a pretty valid topic...

Anyway, I get about one every 5-6 hours of play. Just a pure CTD....and NOTHING else is running besides default windows processes and services.

why is the poll closed? I thought it was a pretty valid topic...

Anyway, I get about one every 5-6 hours of play. Just a pure CTD....and NOTHING else is running besides default windows processes and services.

Must have been on a timer

I did not read this thread, so this might have been mentioned before.
The game itself runs stabil on my PC but almost everytime after an automatic steam update it crashes with my firewall.
'program changed'
PC freezes, new start, then I adjust the firewall etc., afterwards no problem.
would be nice to have a 'warning' that the main game files have been updated and to adjust the firewall.
or to have a connection check still under windows environment to give normal access to the firewall and prevent the total crash.
cheers
Magu

pretty funny reading all your guys's problems...

do you guys have semi decent computers?

os or registry problems?

spyware or viruses?

my computer isnt really all that special and I play hl2, ep1, and tf2 on the highest settings with other programs running in the backround.

Not one of the three games has every crashed on me.

hmmm.....

Good for you!
I run WinXP Pro with Zonealarm 7.0.337.000 and somehow don't think I'm alone with this kind of problem.

One crash I think and that's after alt-tabbing IIRC.

I've had a major crash yesterday. one moment spinning heavy-gun next moment total freeze.
After using reset button windows xp got stuck everytime booting up.
Already thought everything is gone to hell.
But after using F8 boot screen and 'last configuration' i was able to get it working again.
greetings
magu

Zone Alarm...*gag* That program is way too intrusive for me. And just downright annoying.

BRREEEWW BRRREWEWW!!

@CyberPitz
better safe than sorry. turning off the firewall is not really an option for me.
But if you have a recommendation for a better and less intrusive software...
cheers
magu

Having played from beta release until present - I have not had a single crash.

My PC restarts itself occassionally while playing TF2. I don't know why. I don't think it's overheating.

Back