The Avengers trailer.

hool10

Tank
Reaction score

DOWANTDOWANTDOWANTDOWANT

I think there will be a round-table with 2 of the actors at NYC: Comic-CON as well this weekend. Needs moar villains but it looks like a CGI fest of super heroes going to war on Earth! :bounce:

What I find hilarious about the avengers team, is that some of them are so ridiculously underpowered that they are unnecessary on the team.

In terms of power:
- Thor
- Hulk
- Iron man
- Captain America
- Black Widow and Hawkeye

What I find hilarious about the avengers team, is that some of them are so ridiculously underpowered that they are unnecessary on the team.

In terms of power:
- Thor
- Hulk
- Iron man
- Captain America
- Black Widow and Hawkeye
Jeremy Renner plays Hawkeye. That guy is the ultimate sniper guy in films and was the sniper guy in 28 Weeks Later. I can't say too much about Black Widow other than she is smoking hot and recruits the Punisher. I got punished by watching his film but hopefully he is badass in The Avengers.

can't help but think this film is basically going to be downey jr. and iron man taking the center stage with a bunch of other guys in suits backing him up. there isn't really much to argue against downey's charisma and portrayal of stark and frankly, that's all i can see myself watching this film for. might as well be called iron man 3: the avengers.

but then i haven't seen thor or captain america yet, though i did think both portrayals of hulk were poor.

but then i haven't seen thor or captain america yet, though i did think both portrayals of hulk were poor.

From best to shittiest (IMO of course)

Iron Man 1
Thor
Captain America
The incredibly boring Hulk

So yeah I agree with you that Stark will probably take center stage. Then again Downey Jr. is the better actor out of the bunch.

Should be fun.

Joss Whedon's at the helm so my hopes are high.

I always knew that "We're In This Together" would make for a ****ing thumping soundtrack. Reznor has his tendrils over every ****ing music sphere.

Considering how much has been done to hype this movie, that looked surprisingly bad.

Honestly couldn't get a good feel for it from that trailer, but I'm going to go ahead and predict that it'll be a bit of a mess as all of the big names compete for screen time and many characters come out woefully under-represented. Joss writing gives me a bit of hope, though. He's not always the best man for the job, but nerdy comic book cross-over has his name written all over it.

Also, another actor for the Hulk?

Stark should be more impressed by his shape shifting abilities.

That looks pretty rubbish, really. There is nothing interesting going on in that trailer whatsoever. Exploding cars, Stark being Stark, the team sitting around their little HQ room, and...Loki? Hiddleston is a great actor and I'm sure he'll bring plenty of menace to this role, but I don't see why he's taking the big villain role again. What personal investment do the rest of them have with Loki? Only Thor has a really solid connection to the guy, and we already saw them face off in a climactic battle. And Thor won.

I'm one of those ****ing weird folk who really liked Ang Lee's Hulk. Marvel's best movie.

I thought it was okay. Bit too much Ang Lee, not enough Hulk.

Nope. It's no loss. Norton's Hulk was awful.

Jeremy Renner plays Hawkeye. That guy is the ultimate sniper guy in films and was the sniper guy in 28 Weeks Later.

I just noticed this. Well, at least we know Hawkeye is a good candidate for the team because he's been the 'ultimate sniper guy' in other films. Your defense is unparalled sir.

Nope. It's no loss. Norton's Hulk was awful.

That's not entirely fair on Norton. The reason he refused to reprise the Hulk was because he felt they had butchered a decent film in the editing room.

My apologies for making it sound as though I was knocking Norton's take on the role. I wasn't. I simply meant the film in which he starred. I don't believe it was Norton's fault, nor do I think he was bad/a poor choice.

Back