The Combine..explain it all to me

C

Calle

Okey so Im trying to clear things up in my head now..

The Aliens are the ones who came from Xen to Black Mesa in the first game, Gordon killed the "overmind" (was it the overmind ?)
and was "offered" a job by the G-man...

Now if he did'nt take it he died (right?) so he musthave took it..

Now Halflife 2 is obviously in the future (Half-life 1 seemed present day) but the thing I don't get is what has happened ?

The aliens have without any doubt launched a full scale invasion of earth (through what, other portals or ?)

Now are all nations gone or something, everything seems like eastern europe.. (please stop laughing at this point and try to answer my Qs :E )

So the combine what are they ? We know they have this huge metal fortress, um.. citadell whos "eating" City17 meter by meter..

:borg: Are the combine humans under influece of aliens ? (seems kinda hard to belive b/c we all have seen pics of them fighting aliens).

Please o wise forumites explain it to me ! :borg: :bonce: :bonce: :bonce:

They're aliens. The striders are part of the combine. That's all we know so far.

Ah..and so are the whale like hover crafts right ?
So they are humans under alien influence..but why are they killing the ones from Xen ? :eek:

Maybee they are another alien race?

ah...humanoide aliens then..

Human-like aliens that is

**btw thx guinny how trying and clear things up for me ;)

Gabe only said in the e-mail that the combine are alien. So the combine SOLDIERS might be human under their control.

I still dont get it, ive got confused with all of the info and stuff, is there a site which tells ya the HL2 storyline ?

Originally posted by simmo2k3
I still dont get it, ive got confused with all of the info and stuff, is there a site which tells ya the HL2 storyline ?

No, the story is the biggest secret now (besides MP)

EDIT: HEADCRAB? I was a zombie yesterday!

Hm..but still I think they must be humans under alien control, b/c the striders don't look at all alike the striders or whales (no shit you dippshit :dork: ) .....or

er.. well the combine seems to be what the marines and spec ops where in HL1. Im not saying they are sent by the goverment (are there any in HL2??)...

Btw don't the carbine soldiers have that next-gen american assault-rifle ?

I'm with Dile on this one. I think the Combine soldiers are humans under the influence of THE Combine. Some people have stated that perhaps the combine soldier is alien since the shape of the mask/helmet is a bit weird. Well, I would bet on that the reason of why it looks kinda enlongated is because perhaps a pair of nightvision goggles and gas mask are built into the mask itself: That would kind of explain it i.m.o :) Also, if I'm not totally wrong here, as I can recall, the Combine Soldiers also have got five fingers on each hand, which no other alien in any movie, game or whatever has ever had, I think. It's just a flaw of human evolution. Three fingers on each hand will do. Perhaps they're some sort of combination between them two. I don't know. And the possibility of a merging between a human faction and the aliens would kinda explain all the above, hence the name "The Combine".

Well, perhaps I'm just talking alot of nonsense, I don't know :D

Tamora that makes perfect sense. Good analysis I agree with you. The Combine, perhaps combining humans and aliens?

Right then THE combine..so what do the combine aliens look like, and what about striders and whales ?? are they creatures enslaved by the combine and bound to their will or just a kind of bio vehicle

callledaheadnfelix.jpg

Thanx Guinny :) In any case this game is probably going to be the game of the year, and when all of us HL freaks sitting down, playing this wonderful game, we'll probably find out if The Combine Soldier is human, ooor alien hehe.

Originally posted by guinny
Tamora that makes perfect sense. Good analysis I agree with you. The Combine, perhaps combining humans and aliens?

The 'Combine' name comes from the large metal pillars slowly eating their way thru City 17, like the machine used on fields called 'combine'.

Calle, we don't know lol. I mean we can't just speculate EVERYTHING, because we'll feel like idiots when the game comes out and we're completely off. Let's be happy with what we got.

Calle: Well, that's a tricky question :)
But my bet would be on, as I stated before, that all these aliens or biomechs if you will, are part of an alien race of unknown name and origin. The Combine Soldier is probably just a force that the human faction has tributed with and as you said here above, it would be strange if an alien force is armed with the US weapon of the next generation, the OICW, instead of those laser beams that the Strider shoots and other alien-kind-of technology.

As a matter of fact, I haven't heard what this aliens race is called, but i.m.o "The Combine" would be a silly name if it didn't have anything to do with what the word really means, right? :)

Dile: Ah okay "shuckles".

Well, I don't know the english language that good. Obviously :)

Originally posted by Tamora
I'm with Dile on this one. I think the Combine soldiers are humans under the influence of THE Combine. Some people have stated that perhaps the combine soldier is alien since the shape of the mask/helmet is a bit weird. Well, I would bet on that the reason of why it looks kinda enlongated is because perhaps a pair of nightvision goggles and gas mask are built into the mask itself: That would kind of explain it i.m.o :) Also, if I'm not totally wrong here, as I can recall, the Combine Soldiers also have got five fingers on each hand, which no other alien in any movie, game or whatever has ever had, I think. It's just a flaw of human evolution. Three fingers on each hand will do. Perhaps they're some sort of combination between them two. I don't know. And the possibility of a merging between a human faction and the aliens would kinda explain all the above, hence the name "The Combine".

Well, perhaps I'm just talking alot of nonsense, I don't know :D

Perhaps the masks are used to hide their faces from something. Maybe they've been "experimented" on by the Xen forces, and are severely disfigured. Who knows.

Originally posted by Tamora
Dile: Ah okay "shuckles".

Well, I don't know the english language that good. Obviously :)

I've read this in an interview some time ago, but not sure where exactly : - (

yeah, the mask looks a bit weird, that's for sure. But pretty cool though :E

Well if it was in an interview, then I suppose it would be correct :)

Originally posted by guinny
Calle, we don't know lol. I mean we can't just speculate EVERYTHING, because we'll feel like idiots when the game comes out and we're completely off. Let's be happy with what we got.

Lol i know we don't know everything and ofcourse we can speculate...apperantly im not as serious about this stuff as you are...

Tamora that sounds right to me..

another calle and felix flick for you :

callenfelixdesert.jpg

if i remember correctly i was reading in a magazine, and it said that some of the aliens had joined the humans side so maybe the combine is the aliens joined with humans, not humans controlled by aliens? maybe i am wrong but makes sense to me

yeah i was just confirming, oh and i got this from the ign website

*The members of City 17's police force, called the Combine Soldiers, are intentionally uniform, with their outfits and gas masks. Even so, there are different varieties of them, from basic troops to those wearing heavy battlesuits.*

which kind of confirms our theory

link http://pc.ign.com/articles/400/400985p1.html

Originally posted by Calle

Now Halflife 2 is obviously in the future (Half-life 1 seemed present day)

No HL1 was in the future as well. Notice the date on the administrator's letter says 200-, and it was released in 1998. :)

The Aliens are the ones who came from Xen to Black Mesa in the first game, Gordon killed the "overmind" (was it the overmind ?)
Actually, he's called Nihilanth. Some of us think that hes some sort Gate/Portal keeper. He might be the alien that is 'possibly' holding the Gate between Xen and Race-X closed (G-man may have tricked Gordon to kill Nihilanth so that it made it 'easier' for his so-called 'employers' to take control of Xen. Also check out the dead human grunts in the background while you are in the ending sequence with G-man... Humans can't possibly have Xen.).
Since Xen is a border world with portals that connects to the rest of the universe, that may be why the Combine might want to take control of Xen to invade other systems more 'efficiently'.

Thats my 2 Cents.

I don't think Race-X is that important to the bigger HL story. But your other ideas might be true.

Re: Re: The Combine..explain it all to me

Yeah but I read somewhere that he was the one that "ordered" the invasion of earth..and I thought the Xen part was the booring part of the game..

Anyways I love the granades in that game..and what can I say..I can't wait

My personal theory on the combine.

The citadel is/was a large alien spacecraft that landed/crashed right smack dab in the middle of City 17 for the purpose of infecting the city like a virus and slowly taking it over. The combine was released around the citadel's perimeter and slowly expands outward in order to claim ground. Striders and hover thingys patrol the outer perimeter to ensure the safety of the combine's operation. The rubble of the city is recycled within the citadel and turned into more columns for the combine. The columns are then teleported into place as the combine expands.

The combine is also protected by humans which have defected to the alien cause and now serve as their assistant ground forces.
City 17 is named for it being the 17th last city in control by friendly forces.

just a theory

Pur3: Oh, okay. That was good info. Then it seems we were right then :)

jasonh1234: Nice theory. Perhaps you're right about the meaning of the name City 17.

Yeah jason, im with ya but I don't think humans willingly have turned to the alien cause more that they have either been "persuaded" or infected.

sightseeingcuty17.jpg

Well now, where's that damn news we're all waiting for? It was supposed to get out today right? new videos and stuff. Well, lets see what happens in the next couple of hours...

Back