The flagship HL2 Expansion Poll

Who would you rather play as in the first official Half-life 2 Expansion?

• Adrian Shephard

Votes: 56 33.9%
  • Alyx Vance

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • Barney Calhoun

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • Father Grigori

Votes: 16 9.7%
  • Rogue CP

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Vortigaunt

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Unnamed Rebel/Civilian

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Unnamed Soldier

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 8 4.8%

• Total voters
ray_MAN said:
Shephard working under-cover for the Combine, and beeing friends with Barney while meeting Gordon. He would be just like Barney, but just Shephard. :thumbs:

That would be odd. :sleep:

FireCrack said:
Damn, the last thing i want to see is a lame 7 hour war expansion. Seriously, that would blow.

Why? How is the largest conflict humanity has ever faced somehow unappealing?

ghostrider4450 said:
Shepard could work easily. Before and during the 7 hour war there was plenty of Military action, especially from the US. Why not tie in Shepard to the G-man and the events leading up to the 7 hour war, and eventually setting the stage for Freeman. It would be awsome, small battles with the reconoitering Combine forces and then the finial huge war.

I like that idea. It would also explain a lot more about what happened before HL2 indepth.

I voted don't care as lets be honest here ....... What bloody difference does it make? More important that a decent expansion pack comes out than who's in it. Especially since the leading character, Thus far in any HL game/expansion, Has never uttered a single word!!

Adrian.

Although it won't happen. But the Combine Soldier is the HL2 equivalent to Adrian Shepherd. Both give you the experience as being the enemy.

I think it would be most interesting to play as a soldier in the millitary, at the time of the combine taking control, imagine the desperate battles as your freinds fall from your side, your the last one left, then at the end of the game, the G-man takes you....

btw, did anyone else think the end of OpF was a bit... lame? ooh an alien.. uh.. whats the point... I didnt stop the invasion or anything.. I just randomly survived. I didnt iven ####### escape. it just pisses me off!

I'd pick Cubbage if that was an option, but I'll go for Shepard.

Scotsman said:
I'd pick Cubbage if that was an option, but I'll go for Shepard.
What would that involve? Hiding under a pile of coats and waiting for the enemy to go away? Ordering troops to do your work for you? Washing your underpants on the shores of New Little Odessa after a particuarly daunting cockroach attack?

im still of the ilk that I dont think we will be allowed to play barney or Alyx I think we will just be another member of the resistance or something else. because valve have this thing for not letting us know the players face or voice. plus if we played as Alyx or Barney we would have to see gordon far to many time and play through scenes that wouldnt be fun (the dog & gordon grav gun training) Player sits on bench yelling commands! oooo endless hours of fun!

Andy018 said:
because valve have this thing for not letting us know the players face or voice.
Well, this is technically Valve's first expansion pack, so this may be a cue for them to do something different. Plus, Barney Calhoun from Blue Shift is almost certainly the Barney Calhoun in HL2, so now we've had that demystified for us.
Andy018 said:
plus if we played as Alyx or Barney we would have to see gordon far to many time and play through scenes that wouldnt be fun (the dog & gordon grav gun training) Player sits on bench yelling commands! oooo endless hours of fun!
Unless - as it has been suggested many, many times before - the events of the expansion packs are in times when Freeman is inactive - before HL2 or in the first week of the Rebellion.

i wreckon it'l be alyx
1. because she is a main character and
2. because after on the poll stats she is in italics unlike the others

Valve could impress us all still with some creative originality
i just thought that playing as a ridiculously modifiable synth would be mind blowing
other than that shephard has the most potential

SixThree said:
lamarr!!!!!!
Yes. Either her or Barney....or Alyx...but Lamarr would be really fun...maybe someone could make it as a mod.

Back