The Great Pre-Load has begun

P

pencil21

Well it is time, well at least for the pre-load, so boot up steam and get it downloading (just click on Half Life 2 Episode 2 and it will give you the option of pre-load) Enjoy:cheese:

Ooh, ooh! Must get out of the office and get home to ... pre-load.

Only on here could something as mundane as a pre-load be an event. :E

Awesome, I'm going to start now! Btw beware as now there will be ep2 spoilers all over the place so I would advise those that don't want to get spoiled to get off the internet for a couple of days.

Someone get GCFScape out. I'm computerless!

(Posting on the Wii :O)

Already wanting spoilers I see, you people sicken me!:flame:
jk:p

Oh Yes! The first time I`ve ever pre-loaded on steam :)

What a pleasant surprise...the preload going online just before I go to sleep.

this week is now known as FORUM AVOIDANCE WEEK.

see yall in the hl2.net steam chat on the 10th...

Bye Drondeh, but just promise us that you won't take a single unnecessary risk.
Srry just played ep1 and now ready for ep2.

Yeah, I'll be the same...staying off any gaming-related forum until I'm finished with both Ep. 2 and Portal.

I dont feel like playing the all-knowing smartass with GCF this year.

You should do the same, Tuskin.

I dont feel like playing the all-knowing smartass with GCF this year.

You should do the same, Tuskin.

Fine, I will post on facepunch. :p LOL My download was going 800 KB/S then Steam crashed, now its going at 50 D:

Mine was doing 780KB/S now am only getting 20 guess everyone's getting it now.

I guess you have to pre-purchase it before you can pre-load? Any chance we can pre-purchase EP2 alone Valve??

This isn't a spoiler, but I found a Material called "volumetricfog"

No, you'll have to wait till release to purchase EP2 alone.
Actually I think I'll get the Orange Box -- just watched the TF2 trailers and it looks fun. Even if it just had EP2 and TF2 that's a $60 deal for $45.

after peaking through the GCF files.
After you beat the advisors and get all the achievement points, gordon freeman takes off his HEV helmet to reveal that he is a women
omg! can't wait to play it :bounce:

Holy shit 254 Commentary Audio clips. 253 is the largest at 10.39mb.

I don't know if that deserves spoiler tags. But just encase no one who wants something spoiled should look,

Gah!! After an hour of preloading, the game has actually decreased in percentage loaded (from 56% to 48%).

Clearly my internet connection is so slow as to actually go into negative kb/second.

Just finished showing my suckage at Team Fortress...fun game though. Saw the Pre-Download available...What a great day.

Downloading now at 33kB/s. Whoopee! At this rate if I leave my PC switched on permanently with any luck I'll have it by the middle of next week. :rolleyes:

Oh and one other thing: will someone please remove that spoiler about who dies from the thread title? Thanks. I could really have done without knowing that. :frown: That'll teach me to visit gaming forums this close to the release date. :rolleyes:

Total of 2.87GB if you've already got TF2; 4.51 if not.

Back