The Greatest Horror Game of All Time Announced

Maestro

The Freeman
Reaction score
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is the next title from Frictional Games and Dear Esther dev

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/22/amnesia-a-machine-for-pigs/

The power of two crowned indie developer darlings have joined together to form one team, set to bring the Amnesia franchise into a new era.

Speaking exclusively with Joystiq, Frictional Games and Dear Esther's thechineseroom have revealed their latest project, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.

Developed by thechineseroom and produced by Frictional Games, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is planned for a debut on PC later this year. No firm date has been set, but internally the two studios hope to launch before Halloween. A recent alternate reality game has been teasing the the next Amnesia's reveal, sending fans into a frenzy.

Interview to follow later today.

So who's pumped?

I am pumped for anything that is (partly) Swedish developed and as such can generate more income for the state in the form of taxes.

I wonder if it will still have the same (in)sanity system?

Some of the concept art that was in the ARG seemed to depict some sort of abbattoir and slaughterhouse looking things. Oh god, this is going to be horrifying.

Here's a good article that pretty much explains that the insanity will be gone. The gameplay will be different but it will still feel like Amnesia. Sounds fantastic. And the art style is really interesting.

Oh, and...

Could the mods merge this with the other thread? It would probably be best for discussion that way. I would have posted there if I'd seen that thread.

Back