The grudge

DreamThrall

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just really sick of horror movies, but I just saw the grudge and thought it was incredibly boring and bad. Thoughts?

I thought The Grudge was the scariest movie I've ever seen in my life. I fail to see how you could have possibly been bored.

A bunch of cheap shocks and scares.

Most of the time you can follow the music and be prepared for whats coming.

i thot it was pretty freaky stuff... i enjoyed it... first movie i have ever been to where the whole theatre screamed out loud and people left during the movie... good stuff i think

-merc

I heard that its full of predictable 'jumpy' points and not scary at all. Might wait for it to come out for DVD and rent it or something rather than go see it at the cinema.

I still think the originals of these are far superior, ok this one has a chance of being good, but the originals were still much much scarier

bam23 said:
A bunch of cheap shocks and scares.

Most of the time you can follow the music and be prepared for whats coming.

quoted for emphasis ... the only part that was even remotely scary was
the part when one of the ghost kiddies or whatever they are was crawling up under the cover on the chick that was hiding in her bed
... and even that wasn't THAT scary, it was just kinda creepy. That night, my wife was all freaked out, and the more I thought about it, the more stupid I thought the movie was. Then I fell asleep and had one of the best, most peaceful nights of sleep I've had in a while.

merc said:
and people left during the movie
probably because it was so bad. I would have done the same had it not been for my wife who was somehow enjoying herself...

I thought it was a decent scary film, the first scary film i've seen since Darkness Falls.

I can't wait for the second one. Its obvious there will be one. There are much more creepy parts than what you said DreamThrall tbh. That part would of been alot more creepy and scary if they didn't show the bed sheets moving, THEN i would of jumped and been scared to go bed tonight :p

Back