The Last 7 Hours Media

A

Azlan

Throughout Half-Life 2, there are snippits of information which hint at a previous war called the Last 7 Hours. This Spanish modification tells that story. The development team has released the menu screen, as well as some music from the upcoming game, check it out.[br]</br>
Music:[br]</br>
Airun Tension Limits[br]</br>
Inmolate Dead[br]</br>
Inmolate Dream[br]</br>[br]

To learn more, just visit their head over to the Last 7 Hours website. Be forewarned, it's entirely in Spanish.

The Friends network is currently unavailable.

And how you say it in "Spanish"?
Hasta la vista, Amigos.

the last 7 hours ? ill bet you there isnt even 1 hour gameplay :D ...

-dodo

1.jpg

They could've at least taken the pictures at a higher texture resolution, and at least 2x AA and 4x AF.

Otherwise well, the levels look pretty bland. But I'm glad someone is doing a mod about the 7 hour war though.

I wonder if you'll see any pieces of HL2 in the game.... :D

hmm...so this is not an official Valve title huh?
wonder what Valve would do with the 7 hour war storyline :D
anyway i'll probably give it a try.

I hope they don't add in any combine soldiers into the mod, since they weren't created until after the war. I also hope they add some real world guns and equipment.

Am not entirely keen on this, due to the fact its all in Spanish, i think i'll wait till some other British/American team take the time to do it in a language i understand.

Drackard said:
Am not entirely keen on this, due to the fact its all in Spanish, i think i'll wait till some other British/American team take the time to do it in a language i understand.
I don't think they'll release it entirely in Spanish...

Anyways - I'm not so sure about this. It's a fantastic idea, but - granted I'm only really judging by the artwork and sreens - this doesn't look all that.

Love the music man .. really fitting and misterious

Why are they calling it the "Last 7 Hours War?" I thought it was just "The 7 hours War." Or is it different in Spanish?

Hopefully it will have English subcaptions at least, or even a crappy voice over done by some kid in his basement.

The hound eye looks like they've extruded a cube a few times and then it's been poly-smoothed

Robinhood_01 said:
The hound eye looks like they've extruded a cube a few times and then it's been poly-smoothed
:LOL:

I'm sorry, but this mod really doesn't look that great. The houndeye is embarassing.

Why are the heads and hands of the characters gigantic?

I'd love to play through an interpretation of the 7 Hours War (preferably valve's), but it could be cool if done right. It would take a lot of time. It looks like they're early on in development, try not to be too harsh :D

The thing is, you mock their houndeye - but they actually have it in game. As in, it's not an unskinned bullsh*t render. As in, they're actually doing work rather than drawing pictures and making greyscale models to put on their website. They're a step ahead of most other mods.

-Angry Lawyer

Otherwise this looks very plain, but the music is just amazing :O If just the other content would be as high quality as it...

It would be rather awkward for the team if Valve would release an official expansion about the 7 hour war later on.

Angry Lawyer said:
The thing is, you mock their houndeye - but they actually have it in game. As in, it's not an unskinned bullsh*t render. As in, they're actually doing work rather than drawing pictures and making greyscale models to put on their website. They're a step ahead of most other mods.

-Angry Lawyer

Hate to ruin your point, but it's a render :p. The url is: last7hours.hl2spain.com/images/renders/houndeye.jpg, and all the other stuff in that dir is a render as well.

It also looks how a render would look. Perhaps that's my expert modelling eye though.

I'd say they aren't doing work as such (as far as you can judge by the renders), but are instead wasting their time making silly renders.

OmG, I never thought i'd see the day when Angry was proved wrong :O

I translated the Info page so you can have a better idea about what you're criticising.
The Last 7 Hours said:
The government could not cover up what happened at Black Mesa.

With the death of the Nihilanth a powerful sequence of resonances was produced which caused the appearance of portals throughout the entire world. Earth's population was radically diminished.

Years later huge, protected urban centres formed and, for the first time in many years, humanity felt safe in its protection.

The situation reached a level of stabilisation. The attacks by the xenos, although unrelenting, were under control most of the time.

And then they came.

Nobody knew where they came from. Nobody knew who they were, nor why they were there. The only thing they knew was that they had to fight them, and that's what they did. The human race had never been so united, although this was all to end in vain.

In very little time humanity's course took a radical turn. Nobody believed it. Everything had happened so very quickly.

"Submission or death" was that heard by those among the line by a surly voice doing everything within its power to remain composed.
The seven hour war was over.

Now you know where, when and why the war came about. The time has come to know 'how'

[Edit] If only AL had played Anakin, his performance is so much more powerful :p

I know. Much better than that wimpy 'NOoooOoooooOoo0000OOooOooO......ooooOOooo000oooOOOooo0000...ooo000. OOooo.'

Back