- THE MATRIX BETA 3 HAS YOU - Take the Red pill and jump! (56K warning) -

MoonQuake

Reaction score
The Matrix map beta3 for CS:S
by MoonQuake

--READ ALL PLEASE--

SERVER ADMINS - IMPORTANT: The Matrix map is big! If you want people to be able to download the map directly from your server, you must use this command:

net_maxfilesize 24

Default 16mb. The Matrix map is 21mb. (People won't download a 21mb file because your server will ZIP the map but you still need to set the value to 24. Failing to do so will allow the clients to download all the required files EXCEPT the .BSP. (clients will get this error: missing "de_thematrix_bets3.bsp" and will be disconnected)

Want to receive the map updates before everyone? Provide me with a mirror of the ZIP or host the map on your dedicated server and Email me the name and IP, I'll post it in here and send you map updates earlier on release dates!

--------------------
INSTALLATION:
--------------------

Extract the content of the ZIP file directly into your "cstrike" folder.

".../steam/steamapps/username/counter-strike source/cstrike"

Having trouble Unzipping the ZIP? DO NOT use the windows ZIP utility, USE Winrar or Winzip.

----------------------
Changelog for beta3:
----------------------

- Few new textures added straight from the movie!
- Added more decoration in some areas.
- New Max players : 50
- Tweaked teleporters so we are less likely to get stuck when many are teleporting at the same time.
- Added cubemaps.
- Added ambient sounds (soundscapes)
- Elevator now operates by touching the panel inside instead of just entering it.
- Elevator doors don't insta-kill anymore but damages normaly, just get out of there before it kills you.
- "Teleport rooms" (Matrix code) cannot be camped anymore. Damage is inflicted over time if you camp.
- "Dojo fire remaining after explosion" bug should be fixed.
- Tweaked the rooftop jumps. (no I won't make the sky higher!
- Fixed upper bathroom hole for easier exit.
- Added VOID room (white room: can you find it?): if you get to the couches and TV, you'll gain low gravity ability and be able to access higher hidding spots. You'll lose it if you enter another gravity room in the map.

---------------------------------
Major known issues with beta3:
---------------------------------

-Elevator still shaky. Elevators aren't working perfectly online.
-LIMITED bot support. They simply can't use the elevator properly so they play on both sides of the map but mostly the dojo/lobby side. They get stuck in some places.
-Some walls aren't properly lit with the flashlight. (unknown bug)
-Some walls have low res lightmaps (shadow/lighting) and improper lighting. (same unknown bug)

---------------------------------------
Submitted Server IPs and Mirrors
---------------------------------------

The Matrix Beta 3 just got released.
The list will grow as people mirror the map and update their servers to the new beta 3 and email me:

The Waste Lands - Los Angeles
8.3.37.75:27015
FF server - 20 man
Map mirror: http://www.wastelandsgaming.com/viewtopic.php?t=915
The Official private testers for The Matrix map! Thanks Zack!

www.RichmondGamers.com
Map mirror: http://www.rayjacobsen.com/css/de_thematrix_beta3.zip
Thanks Splinter (Ray)

www.nlfunsource.nl
Map mirror: http://home.planet.nl/~marjager/nlfunsource/de_thematrix_beta3.zip
Thanks Fritsie!

NOOBS Paradise
69.13.6.41:27015
Thanks Jcap!

Mad seumas (http://cs.mad-seumas.net)
64 players
cs64.mad-seumas.net
Thanks Ocean!

Map Mirror: www.benadamski.com/shock/cs/de_thematrix_beta3.zip
Thanks Shock

Use your in-game server browser for more.

Enjoy The Matrix universe for Counter-Strike Source and thanks again for hosting and mirroring!

MoonQuake

Bug report or suggestions?
hl2_moonquake(at)hotmail.com

----------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------
NEW SCREENSHOTS:
--------------------------

Updated lobby and elevator:
thematrix_beta3_1.jpg

Updated lobby and metal detectors:
thematrix_beta3_2.jpg

New decorations:
thematrix_beta3_3.jpg

Are you the one?
thematrix_beta3_4.jpg

Living in a dream world...
thematrix_beta3_5.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------

Eh, why didn't you make the sky higher? It's just a bit awkward when I bang an invisible ceiling.

Thanks guys! I'll be playing on different server tonight. See you there.

Unfocused: bah, you hit the skybox on almost every map valve made that let's you jump on boxes/trees. You're just too good at jumping! :)

Please, laugh at the guys you play with that say "I'm in the White room and I can't get out! The entrance is too high!" because they didn't read that you need to walk near the couches to gain low grav ability, then get out! :)

BTW, did you guys find the hidding spots that can be reached only with low grav?

MQ

This is one of the best custom CSS maps. Can't wait until you start a new map!

New maps gonna have to wait, because it takes time to make decent custom maps.

And when you do it for free, that doesn't help paying the bills! :)

MQ

/me likes it Quake! :D

Downloading the new version now, I'll try to join server in just a bit.

See you in-game Iced_Eagle! :)

RA7: send me the mirror infos, I'll post it here!

Quick before they block the EDIT function of the thread.

MQ

MoonQuake said:
Unfocused: bah, you hit the skybox on almost every map valve made that let's you jump on boxes/trees. You're just too good at jumping! :)

MQ

Well, yeah, but you bang your head on the skybox when you're using map exploits. Here I bang my head when I'm jumping from the higher to the lower building and that's nice and legal :p

Hehe, well, you could play CS:S maps if you copy them in your HL2 folder, but you wouldn't be fighting anyone! Useless! :)

MQ

RA7: shit, to late for here, I can't edit my post anymore!

But I posted it on Steampowered.com, where life is good for I can edit my posts forever and ever! :)

MQ

Guys!
I'm working on the Final version of The Matrix.

It is the time to suggest last gameplay changes like: more cover here, less cover there, a wall here for this reason, widen the door there for any reason...

Think when you play and certain situations happens that always put you in deep s.h.i.t. or when you feel like a certain location makes for way too easy kills.

Think changes that would make the map even more balanced.

Remember that I take note of your suggestions, but I don't implement them necessarly. If it makes sense and it's well explained, then the better chances it will be added to the map.

If many people agree to one idea, then chances are good it will be retained... like I did with many of your ideas already.

Unleash your brain...

Let them ideas flood this thread...

MQ

MoonQuake said:
Guys!
I'm working on the Final version of The Matrix.

It is the time to suggest last gameplay changes like: more cover here, les cover there, a wall here for this reason, widen the door there for any reason...

Think when you play and certain situations happens that always put you in deep s.h.i.t. or when you feel like a certain location makes for way too easy kills.

Think changes that would make the map even more balanced.

Remember that I take note of your suggestions, but I don't implement them necessarly. If it makes sense and it's well explained, then the better chances it will be added to the map.

If many people agree to one idea, then chances are good it will be retained... like I did with many of your ideas already.

Unleash your brain...

Let them ideas flood this thread...

MQ

Hey MoonQuake,

I'm very impressed with the progress you have made on this mod.

It's great to see the HL community has this much potential...

I look forward to the final release, Bravo! :cheers:

May I make a suggestion?

On the staircase, it's way to easy to get stuck on the posts. Maybe changing the hitboxes of the staircase so that from post to post, it's impossible to go inbetween them.

Otherwise, awesome map :thumbs:

Wow, this map is fantastic. Keep up the great work. I am looking forward to the final release. :cool:

Vourdex: thanks! The Matrix Final should be ready pretty soon.

Sinkoman : true, I just fixed it. Might help bots too! :) Thanks for reminding me.

MQ

Please prevent camping in the VOID room! It's absolutely lame. Maybe make something like the matrix rooms.

Btw, Richmondgamers's admin ("<ftd> stealth" i believe) is a complete jerk. e always teamkills and camps everywhere with autosniper. especially the voidroom is his favourite. He kicks people who complain about him. That is mainly why I hate camping there, as it's nearly impossible to win the situation.

The Brick: you can always use flash nades or smoke nades or do like I do: jump and shoot blindly through the door, I got a few kills that way because campers tend to stand in front of the door! :)

Matrix Final adds another entry to this room so it fixes the camping problem. :)

MQ

Personally I liked it better when the duct thing (repercussion flap?) was obstructing the entrance (not that you get stuck or anything). Just that it makes a noise when it falls on the ground. And it's cooler if you have to push it away to get out :)

KUDOS ON THE BOT SUPPORT had a fun little game with them
the map looks beautiful, textures, look everything is excellent
add a deja vu cat please!!!

In that 3rd Screenshot it looks like the world is modeled way too big, so it seems like the character is really short. That is unless you were crouching. But the rest look fine.

TheBrick: I removed the duct lid (??) because like you said, it was making noise when falling down... the main idea behind using the ducts being stealth... that didn't help the case at all with the noise! :) I agree it was cooler to push it though.

john: bots will be even wiser in Final version, I tweaked it a bit more. Still, it won't be perfect.

Deja vu cat? You didn't hear it?

Whitezero: I was crouching when I took that 3rd pic... I should've known that people could think I was not... good point.

MQ

Alright guys!

I'm working on the Final version of The Matrix and it is 98% done.
This is your last chance to suggest things or complain about whatever you want or you'll complain about it for the rest of your existence!

Some changes:
I fixed all the known bugs, removed the damage in the Matrix rooms, changed the way the Dojo blows up (fire sprites removed), removed the damage the elevator makes and made a few extra gameplay changes.

I made the run to the elevator for CTs a little more challenging so
now both CTs and Ts arrive at the same time instead of the CTs waiting for the elevator door to open and shred its occupants.

Made the matrix hacks happen more often and modified them a bit.

I worked on the AI of the bots so they now use the elevator and teleporters! Yay! They even defuse bombs planted in the air in the Dojo! They're now trickier than ever!

The Full list of changes will be supplied with the map next week, if all goes as planned.

Until then, see you in your favorite Matrix jacked-in server and have fun!

MQ

Ok I found a bug. Whenever I'm at the rooftops and use the low gravity field for the jump to get on the higher roofs, and then jump down again, I have some kind of uber low gravity power up. I can jump as high as you could in the rooftopjump. BTW, just like the normal lowgrav power up (what's that thing called anyway?) I seem to lose it at some points ( I can't really figure out where, when and why..).

Here are some screenies

This is where you can use the lowgrav field to jump up.

On the roof of the rooftops :)/)

Jumping down..

Check out how high you can jump then :)

2. all the way up

This is a point at which I seem to lose lowgrav (both normal and uber)

Here too..

And somewhere around here..

I haven't search for more points, cause it seems to be pretty random.

One more thing, is it just me (or my pc) or has this floor all the colors of the rainbow?! :/ if it's on purpose, I don't really like it.

Brick:

yeah, I realized you could jump from the roof top's low grav spot and get up on the small roofs and keep this low grav and move around everywhere after. I fixed that already for Final. I also removed the low grav you can get from the white room and added another entrance to it.

Also, you were losing low grav at both T and CT spawn points because you were playing alone on the server as T. There are low grav resetters at both spawn points but a trigger makes them disappear when 1 CT spawns. And this makes for weird things happening when you play alone as T. I won't go into details but you need at least 1 T and 1 CT for the map to work the way it should. Better explore the map as a CT for all the stuff to work, actually. :)

The colored floor in the backdoor corridors: thanks for reminding, It didn't affect me that much but I'll try to make it less colored. That's what happens when you use textures the way they shouldn't be used! :)

Thanks Brick for the screens also, it helps understand the issues way better.

MQ

Awsome F*Ing map man. I was very impressed with everything I saw.

About the colored splotches - they remind me a lot of my Vray light-cache or photon map calculations, are they some sort of noise or artifact left over from HL calculating the lighting setup?

Also, another reason I'm here asside from kissing up to an awsome level modeler: I got banned from Jcap's Noob server, and have no clue as to why because it happened wile I was off getting a drink, I was wondering if you knew how to contact him. Or if those clan guys who also help admin the server have a site. I cant remember their tags.. M something. Mouf?

Infra: better stick to the Matrix 1.0 thread

I have no clue why they banned you, but try to connect again in a couple minutes.

MQ

Back