The Mystery Trading Card

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the story is behind this "Mystery (Trading Card)" is? All I know is that you obtain it while crafting badges. I've heard people speculate that it may have something to do with the upcoming summer sale.

The mystery card looks like there's a map on it. A map
to Korea.

It's oblivious a map intended for Gordon in HL3. It could also be a battle map or something for the next DoD, but highly unlikely. Why would they post a map... there's obviously treasure. :indy:

Maybe the Summer Sale is pirate themed.

Maybe the Summer Sale is pirate themed.

Or maybe it's a sign that valve supports pirating. I could be wrong. After all.. Gabe is a known pirate.
Gabe-Newell-Pirate.jpg

This stupid thing has been keeping me on edge, and every time I come from work, I go on Steam just to see whats new with this thing.. Today, it has actually more things to it. It has a greenish blueish hue now, and there's more shadowy sketches on it. What does it mean?!

it could be something else then some sort of map ,it could be some coupons for the next summer sale!!!!! :clown:

What does the Mystery Card look like, I haven't seen it?

Today they added a blue tint. That is all... It must be a blueprint for a new map or something. All jokes aside, I'm thinking it has something to do with the summer sale or TF2.

The cards using the same art assets from the TF2 map title screens. On the TF2 blog they're talking about map updates and new maps being made official. So based on that I'd say the cards will be a set based on TF2 maps.

Or, they'll be sets of cards based on maps/locations for multiple games.

Or, it'll have have something to do with pirates, or treasure, or pirate treasure. ... And it'll somehow be tied to the summer sale. or maybe some combination their of. But I'm pretty sure it's the first one.

Back