The new aftermath screens

Reaction score
http://www.jeux-france.com/news9704_deux-images-d-half-life-2-aftermath.html

Saw it on planethalflife.com, I don't believe it though. The first screen shows alyx and the combine both fireing at the same enemy, which makes me think someone just took a random part of a half life 2 map and then dropped alyx and those enemies in there. PLUS look in the background, notice anything? Like the Sytadel.. or however you spell it. Valve stated that aftermath takes place after that thing blew up, so why would it still be there? :p

The citadel goes into meltdown, Marc Laidlaw said. Basically a Nuclear explosion. And yes those screens are old and its kinda hard not to spot the citadel in the background. :p

I can think of a few reasons the combine & Alyx are shooting the Antlion together...

-Maybe it's not dissimilar to the Nova Prospekt level where the combine are caught in an Antlion infestation. There's a part where i team up with the combine to kill an Ant.Guard, then turn on them @ the end.
-Another possibility may be some of the combine rebelling too. Some of the resistance could've gone in and come back with all those nifty upgrades.
-...or the combine's lost it and they're all no longer under the mind-control.

Ya never know...

Well since the Combine hav lost control the overwatch are strugling for survival to, and in addition to that is that they arent able to hold the aliens out of the city anymore either. So you'll most likely to meet antlions and so on i town to.

Also maby the overwatch are more "free" now, in the same manner as with the vortigaunts and the nihilante. So maybe they'll be allies.

And i doubt the citadel was destroyd, it semed very solid. maby the top got damaged. But and explotion that powerfull would also kill alyx(if she wasent saved by the gman to maybe. who knows...)

KingPing_NOR said:
Well since the Combine hav lost control the overwatch are strugling for survival to, and in addition to that is that they arent able to hold the aliens out of the city anymore either. So you'll most likely to meet antlions and so on i town to.

Also maby the overwatch are more "free" now, in the same manner as with the vortigaunts and the nihilante. So maybe they'll be allies.

And i doubt the citadel was destroyd, it semed very solid. maby the top got damaged. But and explotion that powerfull would also kill alyx(if she wasent saved by the gman to maybe. who knows...)
Alyx was probably knocked down or out by the concussion of the blast, but the explosion may have only damaged the portal. unfortuantely, it ******* up the reactor and its melting down. So you have to run. To be honest, I think overwatch will fight with you. Its not impossible. The enhancements were to make them tougher and stronger, not to control their minds. Otherwise, Breen wouldn't have to tell them, about being killed for failure. Or have to hear that message in nova prospekt from the overwatch lady that goes as such, "Failure to complete mission objectives will result in permanent off-world assignments."

I remember seeing that one for the original... but it's seen as an Aftermath shot.

Devvo said:
I remember seeing that one for the original... but it's seen as an Aftermath shot.

It is an old HL2 shot, don't know why people think of it as Aftermath.

Back