the next Ipod? "no touch" touchscreen

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
"no touch" touchscreen?

applescreenpatent1-779156.jpg

CNN said:
a "touchless" touchscreen for its iconic iPod music player -- could be headed to market in short order. In its recent blockbuster earnings call, Apple CFO Peter Oppenheimer hinted at new iPods coming soon. And last month, Terry Gou, the chairman of Hon Hai, a major contract manufacturer for Apple, blabbed about a "none-touch" iPod on its way in the second half of the year. Apple's new patent shows a tablet-style iPod with a virtual scrollwheel that's activated by the mere proximity of a finger -- so you can manipulate the player without actually smudging the screen by touching it. If the patented device is the same as Gou's "none-touch" iPod, this idea could become reality in your pocket in a matter of months.

while it does sound cool I wouldnt consider it unless it brought more functionality ..wireless internet access would be nice

http://money.cnn.com/blogs/browser/2006/07/none-touch-ipod-revealed.html

Yes, I'm going to start looking for a new portable music player and I am waiting for the new ipods, whatever creative is selling at the time and Microsofts Zune players.

This could be an interesting holiday season in the audio player market.

I'll need a new pair of IEMs too! ;)

The picture on that player looks like iTunes. Pretty neat.

how much crap can you throw into one digital device? I mean for the love of god!

i need more than blue print to be impressed. :(

Give me something £80 cheaper with buttons, frankly. Gimmick.

Give me something £80 cheaper with buttons, frankly. Gimmick.

QFT. Seems completely pointless. People can't be as lazy as to not push a button can they?

There is the possibility that you could completely redesign your interface, since it is virtual. For those people who don't like the iPod interface they could replace it with one of their own.

That's assuming Apple, notorious for being assholes about that sort of thing, let you do it.

Why would you want to do that?

It's extremely simple and I can't find any reasons why anyone would want to change it =/

Back