steve jobs keep spiting crap:"ipod touch 1# portable game player"

<RJMC>

The Freeman
Reaction score
http://kotaku.com/5627646/apple-boasts-ipod-touch-the-1-portable-game-player

Some gamers may not consider Apple's iPhone and iPod touch platform a viable video game device, but the company's CEO sure does, calling it "the number one portable game player" on the market, just before introducing the iPod's latest iteration.

CEO Steve Jobs claims the Apple device has "50%+ the marketshare for portable game players in the U.S. and worldwide," touting 1.5 billion downloads of games and entertainment titles for the device via iTunes.

"The iPod touch outsells Nintendo and Sony's portable game players combined," Jobs boasted. "It's been amazing."

Jobs unveiled the latest and thinnest version of the iPod touch at an Apple event in San Francisco today. The new iPod touch features many of the improvements and additions originally found in the iPhone 4, including a higher resolution display, a new Apple A4 processor and HD video recording.

I see now how steve jobs got so much money,use the fame to invent some fake statistics to fool everyone

its a ****ing mp3 player!! thats why its sold more than the ds and psp you smug **** :flame:

My ipod doesn't run games and I can't afford an iphone. I'm fine with this.

app downloads of demos shouldn't count! if people bought that many then every person with a ipod touch bought like 10 games

I bet most of the supposed downloads are games like chess, checkers and solitaire. Or other lame ass third party apps.

The supposed statistics are highly questionable. Seems more like empty words from Steve Jobs rather than factual information.

Its an interpretation of facts presented in a way to make it seem more impressive than it actually is. Just like how more women play video games than men. But when you consider the fact that things like solitaire on windows is a video game, and all the facebook/social sites have games that are included, its less impressive. I don't doubt that more people play games on the iPod than any handheld game console. Its really quite obvious that it would be so. Whether that makes the iPod a viable gaming device is a whole other question entirely. As is the question of whether or not it even comes close to comparing in terms of profits.

this is almost as bad as saying that Wii Sports is the best selling game of all time when clearly Tetris or Super Mario Bros probably slams it by a long shot

this is almost as bad as saying that Wii Sports is the best selling game of all time when clearly Tetris or Super Mario Bros probably slams it by a long shot

even thats not fair because all 3 of those games where given away with their respective consoles :p

... That's his point, both comparisons are unfair.

Back