The Northeast

ShadowFox

Reaction score
Does anybody else in the Northeast feel like sucession right now?

Argghhh... we did our part. :(

ShadowFox said:
Does anybody else in the Northeast feel like sucession right now?

Argghhh... we did our part. :(
Yes... ;(

It ain't over yet, though.

oldagerocker said:
a whole 51% of you did your part and you did it well... :D
What does it matter?

I think the fact that Bush has visited PA over 40 times and still we voted for Kerry says something.

ah ha! well, that makes much more sense now, ya? i'm not in the northeast, but seceding from the union sounds pretty damn nice right now...

Sorry... but I'm not thinking too straight at the moment.

oh, i hear ya there. seein' red and thinkin' the bad thoughts, ya?

Hey, think about us west coasters, Look at all the red between us and any other blues. ;(

hey, i'm smack dab in the middle of a red state that doesn't split it's electoral votes, so my vote doesn't mean a god damned thing. not one thing! how do you think i feel? my voice isn't being heard at all!

Yeah, well, the entire Electoral college idea is just becoming more and more useless.

AudioRage said:
Yeah, well, the entire Electoral college idea is just becoming more and more useless.
Amen to that.

fo' sho'. the entire purpose of it is moot. but as long as politicians know it's possible to win the electoral vote without winning the popular vote (i.e. the 2000 election) they probably won't take any steps to reform it, much less abolish it completely.

AudioRage said:
Hey, think about us west coasters, Look at all the red between us and any other blues. ;(
we can probably take ohio and the far northern plains to bridge the gap. i'm sure we could convince the christian conservatives that they'd be better off without us.. give me the westcoast and the northeast over any of the red states anyday. secession indeed, i'm waiting for the titorians to start the shottie militias in my neighborhood.

The electoral college still has a purpose. Can you imagine the litigation that would occur with a strictly popular vote? It would take months with all of the scumbag lawyers we have in this country.

Oh and Lil'Timmy, I have no idea what your point is.

ShadowFox said:
The electoral college still has a purpose. Can you imagine the litigation that would occur with a strictly popular vote? It would take months with all of the scumbag lawyers we have in this country.

the electoral college is archaic and useless. but what point are you referring to? the joke post about titor above? no point, just a joke..

ShadowFox said:

Incorrect. How would there be litigation? A vote is vote. And with new voting systems that actually work (not that the other ones didn't california used punch cards too, and I worked two seperate elections and say exactly 0 chads. Ever.) how exactly could they contest the votes? it would be exactly the same as it is now, except the people in states that vote decidedly one way, would actually get a vote that counted.

I'm in favor of a popular vote election too, I'm just saying it has its problems.

But I don't feel like debating it right now.

AudioRage said:
Incorrect. How would there be litigation? A vote is vote.
You'd probably be surprised how quickly thinking of that sort goes right out the window. It would never be that simple, no matter how we wished it.
BTW, I'm in the Northeast and I'm not freaking out. Have some perspective.

Oh boy.

Secession. Yes, and people had better do that legally. The last thing I need are rioters blocking me going to work, and damaging the work im trying to goto.

I agree, and was just talking about secession today. Seems to be the best option: the rednecks/idiots get to oppress their own citizens as much as they want, and we can live in relative harmony.

Now, is there any paperwork to get this thing started, or is an armed insurrection our only answer. Cause paperwork would be easier...

It wouldn't be possible to seceed from the union these days, at least not with any hope of remaining spereate.

If it were a popular vote, the canidates would never have need to travel to most parts of the country. They would ignore pretty much everywhere except the cities. Not as good a method as it sounds.

He_Who_Is_Steve said:
ah ha! well, that makes much more sense now, ya? i'm not in the northeast, but seceding from the union sounds pretty damn nice right now...
The south will rise again! :D

Back