The Orange Box OST is Available Now

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
The Orange Box OST is now Available on Valve's Store, Featuring 19 original compositions, the musical odyssey spans every shade of Orange: the troop-rallying anthems of Team Fortress 2, the textural soundworlds of Half-Life 2: Episodes One and Two; and the atmospheric electronica from Portal's test chambers.[br]

Also as a bonus, this release includes 2 versions of the "Still Alive" track, the in-game version and Coulton’s vocal mix, an exclusive track unavailable anywhere else. [br]You can get your own version now at The Valve Store for $9.95. The digital version is headed to iTunes, Napster, eMusic, Amazon MP3 and other digital music services in the coming weeks.

I prefer my GCFexplorer than using my credit card :S

It might be difficult to download this off Limewire..

I'm definitely gonna buy this, according to the tags on the mp3s in the GCF files they were encoded with iTunes, ick :( And I want me that bonus song! Anyway, armed with GCFScape, the Amazon preview page, and far too much free time on my hands, I indentified every one of the tracks!

01. Still Alive = portal content.gcf\portal\sound\music\portal_still_alive.mp3
02. Team Fortress 2 = team fortress 2 content.gcf\tf\sound\ui\gamestartup1.mp3
03. Playing With Danger = team fortress 2 content.gcf\tf\sound\ui\gamestartup3.mp3
04. Rocket Jump Waltz = team fortress 2 content.gcf\tf\sound\ui\gamestartup2.mp3
05. Disrupted Original = episode 1 shared.gcf\episodic\sound\music\music\VLVX_song11.mp3
06. Abandoned In Place = episode 2 content.gcf\ep2\sound\musicmusic\VLVX_song25.mp3
07. Combine Advisory = episode 1 shared.gcf\episodic\sound\music\music\VLVX_song2.mp3
08. Last Legs = episode 2 content.gcf\ep2\sound\musicmusic\VLVX_song24.mp3
09. Guard Down = episode 1 shared.gcf\episodic\sound\music\music\VLVX_song4.mp3
10. Sector Sweep = episode 2 content.gcf\ep2\sound\musicmusic\VLVX_song23.mp3
11. Dark Interval = episode 2 content.gcf\ep2\sound\musicmusic\VLVX_song3.mp3
12. Vortal Combat = episode 2 content.gcf\ep2\sound\musicmusic\VLVX_song22.mp3
13. Subject Name Here = portal content.gcf\portal\sound\music\portal_subject_name_here.mp3
14. Self Esteem Fund = portal content.gcf\portal\sound\music\portal_self_esteem_fund.mp3
15. 4000 Degrees Kelvin = portal content.gcf\portal\sound\music\portal_4000_degrees_kelvin.mp3
16. Stop What Are You Doing = portal content.gcf\portal\sound\music\portal_stop_what_you_are_doing.mp3
18. You're Not A Good Person = portal content.gcf\portal\sound\music\portal_youre_not_a_good_person.mp3
17. You Can't Escape, You Know = portal content.gcf\portal\sound\music\portal_you_cant_escape_you_know.mp3

Note on track 7: There's a track in Episode 2 which is closer to the right length, and sounds similar, VLVX_Song15.mp3, but it doesn't have the piano in the background.

Hope this helps people and let me know if you find any mistakes!

Question, is Kelly Bailey behind the TF2 soundtrack as well as the rest? I would assume so, but I'd like to be sure, and I can't find the credits to TF2 anywhere.

I don't know, I was looking for that information myself earlier.

I may be a fan of Half-Life, but I'm not the sort of fanboy who will buy CD quality versions of the tracks I already have in my mp3 playlist on my PC, just so when I do the washing up in the kitchen I get a more wholesome audio experience. Nor can I say I'd prefer 'Still Alive' over Jonny Cash or Lynyrd Skynyrd when I sit down with friends to play poker.

In short, the only time I'd listen to games songs is when I'm working or playing at the computer, where I already have the mp3 versions.

Coulton is a writer, the GladOS voice artist is a professional singer. No offense to Coulton, but when I hear him singing it it just kills the song for me.

Coulton is a writer, the GladOS voice artist is a professional singer. No offense to Coulton, but when I hear him singing it it just kills the song for me.

Actually he's a performer, the whole reason Valve thought of him was because a couple of them went to see one of his shows.

Yeah that album totally fails just like the lame HL2 audio cd. Now if Baily made new songs only for an exclusive cd, it would sell better. Valve needs to work on merchandise more. They keep wanting to improve Steam and their customer loyalty. While that's all fine and dandy, they have a gold mine under their noses. They need to work on better S&H and lower the prices as well. Sell anything HL related. They need to work on it because the Halo fanboys are in their Master Chief helmets. Meanwhile we are paying close to $30 ($50 even if you live in Canada) for a lame tiny cube with a heart on it. :rolleyes: The COD4 people even got a new map centered around Christmas. Meanwhile we got nothing, no new maps, nor achievements.

hool10 said:
They need to work on it because the Halo fanboys are in their Master Chief helmets.
Actually the Halo 3 Limited Edition is fairly overpriced, and you can't even wear the helmet. :p
I don't think they should merchandise everything, or you'll end up with something like the Halo 3 shoes. Shudder.
The Headcrab hat/plush is pretty awesome though. You seem so negative, man! Where's your holiday spirit?
There's new stuff coming soon. (In Valve-time ;P)
I doubt I'll be buying the CD, (GCFScape <3) but it's nice to have one for those who might be interested.
The price is very reasonable.

woo! im getting one for sure, yeah the price is very reasonable and like a good half life fanboy it will look great in the collection :E in fact if anyone have the hl2 cd soundtrack and the collectors box that came with the gold steam package back in the 2004 send me a pm, im looking for that too.

'Disrupted' is a bloody awesome track. Shame it's so short though.

The ambient stuf from Portal is where it's at for me though. Some of that stuff is fantastic.

Back