The Passing Released

How do you know what? Valve never talks about their business.

Well the fact that Bill had no new lines in Crash Course was a hint.

Can't pass this for 20 euro, even though I am not a huge L4D fan. I love Valve's sales.

The whole thing was quite underwhelming for me. The survivor meetup was pointless, as was Bill's "death". Can't complain with free though.

People keep saying this, but I thought the first two maps were pretty sizeable and the campaign had quite a bit of substance to it.

I played through it twice, 42 minutes on average.

Of course, the second time was just pure rage because of the eight tanks in the finale part.

And two times there were two of those tanks at once.

It's ****ing free god damn it, stop whining bitches.

But yeah, what the hell that sucked ass.

Did I miss something, or were the old survivors only there for like 10 seconds? And Bill's death wasn't even mentioned, he was just absent. How do we even know that he's dead?

It was way too short, but as said, it's free so what the hell.

Did I miss something, or were the old survivors only there for like 10 seconds? And Bill's death wasn't even mentioned, he was just absent. How do we even know that he's dead?

It was way too short, but as said, it's free so what the hell.

You can find his body near the generator in the last scene.

I played through it twice, 42 minutes on average.

Of course, the second time was just pure rage because of the eight tanks in the finale part.

And two times there were two of those tanks at once.

I play through a full length campaign in about an hour.

Shit, I'm having second thoughts on whether to spend $33 to get the Microsoft Points to purchase The Passing.

Yes, I'm an Xbox player, don't breathe on me.

WHY WONT THIS DAMN DEFIB WORK ON BILL? BIIILLLLL!! Maybe he'll respawn in this closet...

/me waits by a closet

Shit, I'm having second thoughts on whether to spend $33 to get the Microsoft Points to purchase The Passing.

Yes, I'm an Xbox player, don't breathe on me.
This is an interesting point you raise, I've not considered it before. As free DLC this felt like a little extra content which is appreciated but doesn't blow me away. If I had to buy this as DLC I think I would be disappointed.

The campaign & new weapons aren't all I'd hope they would be. On the other hand the mutation events each week might be really fun on the 360 with your friends. I haven't tried it out yet, it that may be where the DLC really shines. That might be worth considering, especially if you really enjoyed the game.

The wedding is brilliant. I love that part. Finale is a disappointment, though.

Mutations are like a server mod plug-in. Source makes everything that more difficult. Also you can complain about free. Might as well do a good job or don't do it at all. Invest the time in HL3 or something rather than spending months on a small campaign.

The survivor meet-up was a little overhyped, and it doesn't really get any interesting until the finale, but I can't complain. The campaign itself was an underwhelming but welcome addition.

This. The survivor meeting was a bit played up, not nearly as much interaction as I would've liked. But that's okay, it was free!

Loved the Shaun of the Dead reference ("Ed is king of the zombies").

On the other hand the mutation events each week might be really fun on the 360 with your friends. I haven't tried it out yet, it that may be where the DLC really shines.
I find 'Realism Versus', the 1st mutation, great fun. OK, the Infected team has too much of an advantage... Especially when you get a tank, it's basically over. But otherwise quite fun, IMHO.
But that's okay, it was free!
What's with this "it's free, so don't complain!" meme? Does 'free' mean you have to put up with shitty content without complaint?

(not that I found the content of this DLC shitty, though I expected more from the finale)

It means you don't get to bitch about "I shelled out XXX amount of dollars for this crap".

If you don't like it, don't play it. Simple as that.

When a mutation is over with, can we still play it? Or is the game mode gone forever?

When a mutation is over with, can we still play it? Or is the game mode gone forever?

It's my understanding that there will be some sort of cycle, where order is chosen by voting for favorites or something.

Back