The Sacrifice DLC for L4D and L4D2 Coming October 5th

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
[br]Valve have announced that the long awaited DLC for both Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 will be released next week, Tuesday 5th October.[br]"The Sacrifice" is the prequel to "The Passing," and takes place from the L4D Survivors' perspective as they make their way South. In addition to advancing the story, "The Sacrifice" introduces a new style finale featuring "Sacrificial Gameplay" where players get to decide who will give their life so the others may live.[br]The DLC will be a separate download for either game and varies slightly between the versions.
  • Left 4 Dead version: Complete Sacrifice campaign with maps playable in Campaign, Versus, and Survival.
  • Left 4 Dead 2 version: The Sacrifice AND No Mercy campaign (with original survivors) playable in Campaign, Versus, Survival, and Scavenge modes and both will feature the Left 4 Dead 2 Special Infected, items, and weapons.[br]And just in case you were worried, it will be available for free on PC and 560 Microsoft Points on XBL.

yep yep, love you too valve <3
this should hold me over till Fallout New Vegas which should hold me over till Portal 2 :)

Love the poster. But the L4D2 version makes me wonder if they'll update more of the maps accordingly.

Great looking poster for the campaign. I do hope that in the future Valve ports more L4D campaigns for Left 4 Dead 2.

Although Zoey's face doesn't quite look like Zoey's, this is my favorite poster yet.

Really looking forward to seeing how they setup the 'sacrifice' itself.

Also I would love to see all the L4D1 campaigns make it to L4D2, maybe it wont happen, but I can dream!

If they were to ever add a replacement for Bill, I wonder if they would take someone from the comic? My vote goes towards the short pyro lady!

That's quite generous of them to bring the No Mercy campaign from the original Left 4 Dead. I'll happily be awaiting this release.

Really hope to see more of the original campaigns in L4D2.

Looking forward to this :D

I'm quite looking forward to this. The poster is also the best one yet.

Sweeeeeeeet, one week and counting!
I have to say, I love valve's marketing strategy here, in particular how they've dealt with the boycott situation. Imagine last year if they'd have told the l4d2 boycotters that one of their campaigns would be ported over and they'd get nothing in return. There'd have been uproar!
But valve have basically said that "if you keep buying our games it's just gonna get better!"
People who only own l4d and don't want/can't afford to buy l4d2 still get new content and have been experiencing the game from the true beginning. Likewise, if you only own l4d2 you've been experiencing the game for less time but you get new content and a taste of what you missed out on in l4d.
But if you have both games you get EVERYTHING, the full true experience. I don't see how anybody can still support the boycott after this :D

wonder where the mac version has got to. rumour had it that it was going to be released the same time as this dlc - hope that's still on the cards.

My brother told me yesterday he red some news bout L4D coming to M@c.

(sorry my " " key isn't working for some re son.

a good reason to get back into L4D, i'd like to get L4D2 but the No Gore just turns me off

No way! L4D2 with No Mercy AND original survivors? That's pretty awesome if you ask me. Get to play L4D characters with all the new shiny crap of L4D2. I wonder if the charge and the jockey will provide any new dynamics to No Mercy. There are a lot of ledges once you get up toward the top of the hospital...

Great looking poster for the campaign. I do hope that in the future Valve ports more L4D campaigns for Left 4 Dead 2.

yeah, why not port the entire game :rolleyes:

What have they done to Zoey's face?

Haven't you guys noticed that she looks different in every poster?

Yeah, but you also have to consider the angle of the camera and the lighting in the picture.

wonder where the mac version has got to. rumour had it that it was going to be released the same time as this dlc - hope that's still on the cards.

i believe it will be released the same day, they just haven't said much about it yet.

hope so, i've not played any dlc for this yet. looking forward to getting it for free with steam.

? I thought it was the same thing but a little more on the l4d2 side?

****ing hell, five pounds for L4D2. five pounds! i'll take ten!

(i won't, but seriously... what a price. it isn't even available for mac just yet but i'm buying it an advance now anyway just because the price is so damn good)

scratch that, looks like it is available for mac just not on the frontpage, but i can't install anyway as the servers are overloaded or somesuch. ah well, got dead rising 2 to tide me over until then.

Back