The scariest enemy

Which enemy do you fear the most?

• Total voters
I have to be honest, the scariest moment in Half-Life I can remember is in the tunnels of OP4, when the first Voltigore sees you, when it roared at me I nearly shat myself. I was in a towel at the time too, thats how bad it scarred me. I shut the game off there and got dressed.

Gonarch by far. It's like a gargy except worse, in that it shoots mini heacrabs at you, trampels you, and on top of that it can't die. ya... its unkillable.

Gonarch by far. It's like a gargy except worse, in that it shoots mini heacrabs at you, trampels you, and on top of that it can't die. ya... its unkillable.

I killed it just fine in my game.

When my girl said she was pregnant!!

but seriously, I pick poison zombie... anytime I hear one I just run like the hell the other way.

1)Ichthyosaur: One moment you're fine and the other you have its big jaws in your face
2)Garg: Just running for your life
3)Fast zombie: Seeing it in the distance and then jumping at you from everywhere. It scared the shit out of me until I shot one mid air. I remember the chest only version of a fast zombie in ep 2. I was on some shelves in a room and everything was quiet. I fall down and follow a corridor while crouching and after a while I hear its distinct moan. I turn around but nothing. I must have swept the room with my eyes 3-4 times, while its moan got louder and louder, till it attacked me from behind.
4)The poison zombie was pretty scary on Nova Prospect, on the washer room. It totally surprised me
5)The tentacle also scared me.

Sigh ... seeing Itchy in the list reminds me of what the post count levels used to be ...

barnacles ain't scary, you always can kill 'em with the crowbar

how about just regular headcrabs in HL1?.... lik when they jumped out at you from the darkness in a vent....*shivers*

i was a little kid ok

Hunters are GAY when they charge at you.
At least fast zombies are fragile.

Ichthyosaur

Wow! Those things scare the cr** out of me! I dunno if it's just because they are underwater or if they are really terrifying. I can't see or move well underwater and it's so fast you don't know what hit you!

I voted garg but i do remember encountering the ichthyosaur for the first time and it didnt half shit me up.

EDIT: plus headcrabs have never been scary.

voted fast zombie just because the first time I played Ravenholm, that scene where three of them come jumping off the roof at once.

The icthy
Oh goood that thing made me shit myself so many times when i first played it.
it's the reason i don't trust water in any game

itchy is scary as f***. though in half life:source i took them out from above the water as the water is clearer and you can vagely see them when their near the surface, so i unloaded my magnum rounds into it hehe..that and the poison headcrabs. the way they move creep me out. hopfully valve will introduce another underwater crature to scare the life out of us.

gonartch was scary and really hard to beat, took me about 10 times to finally kill that freaky looking bastard

It's Vortigaunt!

voltigore.png

I do not think there are scary enemies in the game... but there are the most dangerous enemies)))

I hate the Icky, you can't see it in the HL1 water and it scares the crap out of you. Strider isn't 'scary' but its pretty badass.

Fast Zombie. It's the only enemy that truly scared me, in the first time you see them in Ep2.

maybe the scariest enemy would be Mr. Pinky from HL.
It's very good they didn't implement his AI...

The image of a 4 legged running ball sack, that shits out infant headcraps will haunt me for the rest of my life.

^^ this. I have severe arachnophobia and even though it is the queen head crab, it reminds me of a huge spider spitting out baby spiders from it's massive gonad.

The enemy sorely missing from this list is the biozeminade. Those things were friggin' scary in HL2!

Fast Zombis. Why? Because, they fracken LEAP at you, rip your face off, and go take a nap. Rise and repeat. Also, I wish VAVe included their guts hanging out. THEN they would haunt me for the rest of my days...

Organ physics? Like the molotov from L4D? :D

Back