THE TRUTH behind Lost Coast

In Aftermath they said you can turn HDR off. They havn't commented on LC though.

http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_6800.html

seeing as i need sli for the 7800 series, im getting this one. The 6800 Ultra is more then capable of running Lost Coast. I guess its the fact that I am a huge Half-Life fan and hate having to settle with the minimum. I am going to get the card, as the rest of my computer will run lost coast with ease.

I think its important to every fan to see what HDR can really do for Half-Life. I refuse to get Lost Coast unless I have this card. So 445 buxs well spent.

These new levels should still be playable on a 9800pro everyone.

I know for a fact my 9800pro can do all the HDR effects but it doesn't have any of the new fancy pixel shader effects. Don't panic.

If you ask me, Lost Coast is just a big excuse to hype up a Farcry ver 1.3 esque release.

MuToiD_MaN said:
BOOOOO!! Nvidia fanboys cry out in anger!
Actually, I think it would be the ATi boys crying out.

"No! My X850 XT PE 'Wet Dream Edition' can't play Lost Coast in best quality mode because it doesn't have SM3.0!"

lost coast is gonna blow on my machine :(. jk, im excited about Lost Coast and Aftermath. I was pissed about the delays of HL2 but if these get delayed I'll just think of how great a game HL2 was...i mean, I was surprised how great the graphics/physics were in the game when it first came out. I downloaded my copy of HL2 3 days after it came out, ahhh memories.

gweedodogg69 said:
lost coast is gonna blow on my machine :(. jk, im excited about Lost Coast and Aftermath. I was pissed about the delays of HL2 but if these get delayed I'll just think of how great a game HL2 was...i mean, I was surprised how great the graphics/physics were in the game when it first came out. I downloaded my copy of HL2 3 days after it came out, ahhh memories.
You know, I'm pretty convinced that while your right that textures and polycounts in lost coast would swamp most machines, you could shut HDR off via a console command. Since almost anything that can be turned on or off can be dealt with via the console.

Back