The Ultimate CS:GO Guide made by Professionals

ClearlyTrying

Headcrab
Reaction score
I see people asking some questions about cs:go.. I'm just letting everyone know that the professionals from NCi created an Official Netcode CS:GO guide and CFG. It covers everything from startup settings, hardware, configs, leagues and servers. Basically anything and everything you need for CS:GO.

www.netcodeilluminati.com/csgoguide

Watch frag videos, tutorials, learn how the pros play. Its what i'm trying to do! :)

There's some good stuff in that guide but also a whole of lot of subjective nonsense about hardware.

Here's my take...

Expecting that spending >$200 on peripherals will make you a better CSGO player will only work to frustrate you. If you have really old gear and are looking for an improvement then get a good wired optical (laser if you can find one cheap) mouse for around $20 and a keyboard for around $40. Not saying that the deathadder isn't a good investment.. It just won't make you better at Counter-Strike unless of course you've never played around with your mouse sensitivity.. Or you have such quick reflexes that even having 120hz refresh rate gives you easier headshots (which is a load of crap BTW)

Also, as someone who is a bit of an audiophile I would NEVER spend that much on a Razer "5.1" headset. Virtual headphone surround is as good as headphone surround gets for the price. A quality pair of Sennheisers is all you need to play CSGO, it has a great built in headphone surround mode. And if you want noise cancelation then just pick up some $40 buds (not the smokable kind). If you can't stand having things in your ears then just forget about the cancellation; close the door and turn it up, the amount of money you would have to spend for it to actually be worth it, well, isn't worth it just to play CS.

A guy in that thread also made a point that a sound card will take you much further than a good pair of headphones and it's true (Even though the OP denied it which led me to believe he was a good CS player not a good tech support, which I do for work). ASUS makes the Xonar DG cards for $20-$40, it may not be 24bit ear candy but it will make a big difference compared to onboard sound, it supports EAX, it has active Dolby Headphone (that virtual surround I was talking about) and it will make any cheap pair of headphones sound noticeably better to your grandma.

I actually found this guide on Google before checking here and it reminded me a lot of the early 2000s where everyone was all gun-hoe about buying Fatal1ty cards and filling their cases with shiny blue lights (which unfortunately still exists)... I prefer weapon recoil and strategy guides, and simple tips like messing with your sensitivity rather than some guy trying to look like he's wearing some super-suit of armor that makes him way better at the game... But that's just my take.

Thanks for the replies and input. Yeah I found it a good read so just trying get some feedback

just pick up some $40 buds (not the smokable kind).

Laughed out loud.

Made an account when I saw kineaesth is a mod :O

Anyway...

Sorry for reviving this dead thread, but I need to share my NCI experience.

I saw this review posted on OCN like 4 months ago. I never heard of NCI before, so I looked at the website and read the guide. Let me just say these guys are professional scammers lol. You will never see a NCI team in a real tournament (EMS, Dreamhack, etc). They have "sponsored by Razer" at the footer of every page, so who do YOU think they are going to recommend? lol. I remember reading the guide for the first time, and seeing the Deathadder as their recommended mouse, nothing strange there. The Deathadder is one of the most commonly used FPS mice, personally I prefer the SteelSeries Rival. Then I saw that they recommended the Razer Black Widow. This is regarded as one of the WORST keyboard money can buy. The mechanical keyboard club at OCN would never recommend this product. For less money you can get a Ducky (regarded as the best Mech keyboard). As far as Razer headphones, the new 2014 headphones are very nice for the brand, but the recommended pair is garbage.

So yea, screw NCI.

Eh, it's just more CS as far as I'm concerned ... with the addition of TF2 rainbow bullshit nobody should care about.

Back