The Unoffical HL2.net Minecraft server 3.0

Due to the less than stellar activity on the server, I'm willing to start allowing fiends of friends on the server. But because Kazsy foots the bill, we'd better double check with him first.

Added, Read the rules.

More the merrier.

I've received a notification saying that the server has been suspended because I haven't paid the latest invoice.

It's paid for by paypal subscription, and has been paid, so this is total bollocks.

I'm getting them to sort it, server should be back up later for those that use it :(

Could I get myself, shodan, and 1 friend whitelisted? We're nice. NICE.

Smokey186

bapsi

SStrike

Cheers.

Could I get myself, shodan, and 1 friend whitelisted? We're nice. NICE.

Smokey186

bapsi

SStrike

Cheers.

Yay! more people!

You guys got some plan in mind?

The main city is in need of a renaissance, and we need a new harbor designe.

Hey Kazsy, any change of letting the Admins (us) fly?

btw, feel free to bulldoze my house. I probably won't be revisiting it any time soon.

You registered to post this? Surely there are some other servers out there for you to play on.
This is for the HL2.net community of which you are not.

OMG

Ship.png

Like my Yacht?

I'm still working on it. I finished the cargo hold. The bow of the boat needs some (work the curve is off). The Captains cabin and the mid deck need work and I need to outfit it with cannons bunks and a fore-mast.

I haven't destroyed any towers. Are you talking about the one on top of that mountain at our joint project or the one just outside of the main city?

Edit: Ok. I checked it out. pretty thorough job. There was burning neatherrack and sings. I removed the neatherrack and filled in the holes as best I could and left a chest of supplies.
Although, based on it's location I would like to remind you of the limitation on large structures within sight of the city.

Who else would destroy it? Nice job shifting the blame, though.

TBH dude, Raken is usually pretty up front about it when he moves a buidling or removes it completely. You had only built the base, and it was like that for 2 months.

If you want help putting it back up, I will volunteer my time, as long as it fits with the theme.

I try to give people the chance to appeal a move or demolition. And in that note, there are several buildings in the main city up for relocations or demolition. Namely that pretty cool gray house in front of the castle. I'd like to keep it so if no one claims it I'll move it to the second city.

Though I will admit I've been fairly loose about giving out TNT to players. I'll be more measured about who I give it to from now on.

Also, I haven't seen many people on lately. We'd like to have you all back on and building. It's been too long since I found a new building or cool looking structure to explore.

random side note, what happened to alot of the supply signs in the supply building... namely the plants

I did. I can put them back if you like. I was toying with shifting the server over to a more legit groove while still keeping the most commonly used blocks available. I removed the plants because they can be harvested and collected easily. I left sand to keep people from ruining the beaches. I kept stone and smooth stone because mining them takes forever.

Aw screw it. What blocks do you guys want at the supply depot and what blocks would you be able to live without and endless supply of. I imagine our server as a place where creativity comes first but also a place where the use of blocks such as gold, obsidian, lapis and other rare blocks is viewed as a symbol of dedication, wealth, loads of free time.

What do you guys think? I'll go with what you decide.

im all for keeping gold ect... rare(at least for those of us who cant mod them into their inventory any time they want), armor i can understand not having unlimited amounts of it, but maybe leave the iron and leaves signs.

I haven't played in a while but I can see that your portal system is a little bit screwed up at the moment. The game has a funny way of linking portals from the nether to the main world. It appears that my deep sea portal i built a long time ago ports to a nice looking built up area in the nether where as if you port back you will end up at the castle and then port again and u end up in some new nether zone.

If anyone is interested in mapping out a proper route for the nether portals let me know. It would be nice to have a quick nether route linking all the major construction zones.

Haven't played in awhile, could I be added to the whitelist?

Twix23 is my username.

i haven't been on in months, in fact i never even tried the 'new' server. i dunno if i got whitelisted in this thread already, but can thenextlastday be added please? thats my username.

i have no idea whats changed in this game, but i'll have a mosey around the server and see whats what.

Hey guys. I'm about to start College this coming week and I won't have a lot of time to act as Admin. I'll still drop in when I can to build and moderate but it won't be as often in the past. I think we may want to pick a new Admin or two to help keep the server patrolled regularly.

yo

im totally requesting to be whitelisted on the hl2netchatminecraftserver, atomicmilly said it was cool. Names wooz

I think i just won worst minecrafter ever award......accidentally burned down most of my tree, thankfully it started to rain....excuse me while i pin it to my forehead,

^^^
Owch! that sucks! I wondered what happened.

Anyway. I heard some information about he upcoming 1.8 update. Apparently any pre 1.7 maps will not generate the new features even if you generate new chunks. This means that any server started before 1.8 will not gain any of the features.

This leaves us with a choice. Do we stay with out map and all the awesome we have built, or do we start over? There is a third option and that is that we may be able to move certain structures to the new map using mcedit. I don't know how to do this so someone else would have to do it.

Any way, I have some big investments in our current map and so I am torn.

What do you tink?

I would prefer to not destroy some of the creations.. but that's just me. If the things I did could be saved, then you guys could do whatever to the rest and I wouldn't be sad :p

If that's true, I'll be generating a new world and cutting our world / structures into it. Will require some planning, though.

If that's true, I'll be generating a new world and cutting our world / structures into it. Will require some planning, though.

Yea it would. If this turns out to be true (the ability of Minecraft fans to misinterpret things Notch says is legendary) we should probably make a list of things we want to keep.

The first city is obvious. Beyond that I have a few private projects I'd like to keep. My water temple being one of them.

If you have a project you would like to keep, post it here. Give us their locations and pictures if you can.

In the event of starting a new map Kaz and I will scout the new map and find locations for them.

I'd be sad if Isengard couldn't be ported, but I understand if it can't due to it's size etc. Other than that, I'd appreciate it if my base (where the pyramid/tower is) could be rescued as well :)

Sorry I haven't been on in ages!

My only standing buildings are the cottage on the little island near the castle, the big grey house outside the front of the castle, and the Elizabethan-style wool-and-wood gatehouse that's just outside one of the entrances to the original main city. Of these, the gatehouse and the grey house can easily be rebuilt, as I have the plans for them on grid paper, though of course if they can be preserved I would not complain. The cottage, however, is of great sentimental value. If at all possible I would like to keep it (and the dog, which is important too). I would also prefer to have a say in its new location. At the very least I'd want a deadline by which to take down its dimensions in schematic.

For clarification - what I plan to do is cut the entire known world that we have.

What I'll need to work out is whether this will allow the new features, or make the features only available on the newly generate part of the map.

I think this will be much more preferable than trying to move each structure and find a suitable home for it.

The planning is going to need to be getting the co-ordinates of the part that we take, making enough land in the new world and planning how the hell we blend the edges with the newly generated world so that it doesn't look like ass.

I should have thought it's going to crash the ass off the server too. Maybe they will make a conversion tool.

I might cut it into a nether world for the lulz.

Back