"The Walking Dead: 400 Days" now available on Steam!

Paid for it with Steam Trading Cards. What a strange new world we live in.

Dead excited to play through it!

Wait, those bloody things are actually worth money?

The market prices are dropping fast, but at the start of the week people were paying a dollar each.

EDIT: Finished the episode, it's a good little anthology piece to tide us over till the new season. Which I am now really excited for.

I wonder if the community mentioned in the final scene is the Alexandria Safe-Zone from the comic series. The arrival of a recruitment scout is almost identical, and I believe that happened just over a year since the outbreak also. So there is a good possibility for some characters to cross over.

The ****, I nearly didn't see this except it was in my "recommended games" thing when I was looking at something else. Why wouldn't it show up in new releases?

If you mean the Steam front page, it was just showing the season one ad with an added "New DLC" on the bottom.

No I mean the New Releases thing below that... which I just noticed has a "show DLC" option. Whoops.

The painful thing was that I wanted each story to last longer. It was a huge disappointment every time on of them ended. In TWD you kinda expect to get to know the characters better. Also I really disliked the sisters for some reason - the other characters were nice
until they decided not to come with me in the end (except for the dude with the glasses and the woman who killed her boyfriend's wife).

I liked Danny in Vince's story, but
he dies whether you choose him or not, and the only way Vince will go with Tavia is if you chose the other guy.

I really don't like Vince, but the bus sequence was riveting and awesome.

Actually the only character I appreciated fully in this one was Bonnie.

Russ is a stubborn arse, Vince is a hairtrigger narcissist, Wyatt is a dullard, Shel and Becca are stale and creepy. The entire experience is a firm 6/10. Fun, but flimsy next to the other episodes.

I think Shel gave the most 'Lee-like' impression. I wonder who we'll play as in the 2nd season though, it seems a bit too fragmented if it's always going to be changing perspectives.

I hope the main character of Season 2 is someone completely new and (some of) the characters of 400 Days have their more or less brief appearances. Feels quite likely that the community Tavia was inviting the people into plays a big part in S2.

I just started playing the main game. I'll probably pick this up in the Summer sale if it goes on sale. If it doesn't I'll probably pick it up anyway.

Just got this for free from buying the base game at release on Telltales site (which gave me a Steam key anyway). Shame I bought it on Steam as well before they told me.

Man, thinking back on the choices I made throughout the game, I actually got more and more paranoid about what I picked as the series went on. I made some choices that I didn't realise were so dumb in the moment just because I was trying to be shrewd and not screw myself over when I should have been more trusting.

For instance, I started out trying to be kind and merciful, so I'd always try to stay on a survivor's good side even if they were being a dick. I left the guy on the farm alive. I let Lilly live after she killed Carley. I even tried to stick by Kenny, but even after killing Duck for him he could never let go of the fact that I didn't help Duck in the beginning, or that I tried to help Larry and then called him a murderer for it. I really wanted to stay on Christa and Omid's good side, but in the heat of the moment I chose to grab Christa onto the train first because of Omid's leg, and they held it against me. That and, for some reason, choosing not to reveal my wound... which is probably what ultimately landed me with only Ben on my side when I went to find Clementine. Then the final bad choice (although, it seems like it doesn't make a hell of a difference in the end), I decided against severing my arm. I think at the time I had legitimate reasons, like I thought I'd be just as bad off if I got an infection or lost too much blood, but I guess I was thinking too far into it. But then, that's what the game encourages you to do.

Even so, I'm pretty happy with the story that emerged from my play-through. My Lee ended up being someone whose heart was in the right place but who couldn't always live by his virtues. I think the fact that I took the choices so literally instead of thinking of them in a "gamey" way speaks to the game's incredible narrative power. Or maybe I'm just dumb. :)

reading about your decisions makes me want to play through the Lee saga again p. badly

I don't ever want to go back and redo the game. Maybe if they let the game read your save file and ran through the game by itself using those I'd rewatch it at some point, but I made the choices I made in the heat of the moment and with the information I had at the time and I wouldn't feel right being able to change them with foresight.

I kinda feel like playing it again, too. But as always, "first playthrough is canon" and if I played through it again I might make different decisions and that would ruin the canon inside of my head.

I suppose it will depend on how much it affects the 2nd season.
I guess to some degree that will include Clementine's personality and Christa/Omid's depending on how involved they are. But I would like to see the differences between a cold vs open hearted Clem.

I suppose it will depend on how much it affects the 2nd season.
I guess to some degree that will include Clementine's personality and Christa/Omid's depending on how involved they are. But I would like to see the differences between a cold vs open hearted Clem.

I didn't even know Clem could get cold hearted, that would make me so sad.

I don't know if she can, I mean the 2nd season isn't out yet, it's just my speculation.

Well, 400 Days wasn't exactly substantial, but I'm eager to see how the choices tie into season 2.

Z3uvTrc.jpg

Well that was short. How did everyone else do?

BC802E02067D19319903085F0CE1D416A64CC97E

2CFCC4D27EC1014C36B57D5D12FDD129B8138EE9

Edit: DLC just came out so I doubt it, RJ. I'd say it's worth the $5 despite being so short, but I wouldn't rush to get it until season 2 rolls around.

This is a pretty cool interview/chat thing, it's interesting to get each of their perspectives on game design and see how much common ground they share. Also a little weird seeing Peter so modest and self-effacing. It seems like the blowback over his overblown promises really got to him when he says things like "I don't think I've ever made a great game."

Back