The zombies with headcrabs speak backwards! sound inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
God that is so awesome. lol. Help me? I am helping you. Im doing you a favor by killing your ass.....slow painful death......by flames.........sweeet.

They should have left it as the orgianal, somehow I get the feeling they felt that had to do that...

its one of valves spooky tricks

anyone know gabes email address? i wanna talk to him about this lol

Wow VERY VERY NICE FIND! Good job dude.

chillerW
Let me guess, you listened to all the saounds played backwards?

Good find, but how did you extract the sound file? I can't find any HL2 sound files anywhere in my Steam folder...

Woah, the ultime find! I feel ashamed for making a topic about the HL1 Recharger panel now :)

Seriously...HL2-o-phile material!

cloudstriff said:
He probaly had a mic and recorded it in sound recorder.
yep and gman is a woman in a man suit/end scarasm

ur an idiot

um no cloudstriff. That would be horable quality if he did that. He just extracted the sound files from halflife2.

SwatZeR said:
Good find, but how did you extract the sound file? I can't find any HL2 sound files anywhere in my Steam folder...

If you use GCFscape you can extract the GCF Steam Cache files and access the sounds, but I don't know why he had the brain to play it backwards.

My guess is someone was making (possibly him) a HL2 Video and they played it backwards for some reason during rendering process (or whenever) then found out..hey...did he say "God Help Me?!"

Great find either way! Creepy as hell.

Is there anyway to replace the normal zombie screams with the reversed one? I think it would make Ravenholm so much scarrier.

even listening to the ones in game it sounded like "oh my god" or something like that, i think the message still gets through subliminally, i love the creepy sounds all throughout ravenholm

Wow! That is creepy, makes me think twice about the screams I heard when I lit those guys on fire.It's as if the headcrab controls the body, but their mind is still there... :eek:

I hated thatscream ever since I first heard it in the E3 videos and I think I know why now

Yes, somebody needs to email Gabe and talk to him about this crazy shit :)
I mean wow man. If there was a way to make the sounds reversed like that, I would play Ravenholm over and over again :)

I wasn't a big fan of the screams the zombies make when they're on fire, a little too... human I guess. Besides, why doesn't it sound muffled? They are after all essentially screaming with a 30lb turkey on their head.

zombie just couldnt take the pace

have a break, have a kit kat :)

Attachments

• d1_town_020000.jpg
    d1_town_020000.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 534
I wonder if valve did that to make it less offensive? I can imagine some morons would be very offended to hear it played noramlly or something, god knows why, he probably thinks it's blasphemy ;)

Was anyone else extremely disturbed by that God Help Me sound?

that's scary as feck! you think they are just mindless zombies, but there is a real person under there who can't control what they are doing... f*cking messed!

What I think it more messed up is when the zombies laugh sometimes when you kill them.... like the headcrab is prodding their brain, and stimulating laughter or something. Anyone else have a theory about this?

I think it's the poison headcrab zombies, btw.

In HL1 he said "Oh my god", so why isn't he doing it here?

axeil said:
Is there anyway to replace the normal zombie screams with the reversed one? I think it would make Ravenholm so much scarrier.

I would like to do this too. Anybody know how it can be done? Oh and I dont think any of you knew this but Valve reversed the God help me, line because they thought it was too graphic. So in the beta versions I'm sure the screams were not backwards.

Wraithen said:
I wasn't a big fan of the screams the zombies make when they're on fire, a little too... human I guess. Besides, why doesn't it sound muffled? They are after all essentially screaming with a 30lb turkey on their head.

It is muffled genius. Ever shot the head crap off while they were screaming? It gets much clearer.

NiteX said:
It is muffled genius. Ever shot the head crap off while they were screaming? It gets much clearer.

Not muffled enough, Einstein.

So ****en CoOl ^^ :smoking:

I tried once to play backwards what the G-man said at the E3 Video righ before he said :"Pay Attention Mr. Freeman, I'm going to say this once..."

and Still didn't get what he said over there

It was in Chinese, so I don't think you get it by playing it in any possible way :p

Well I think the sound is creepy and all. What could be done better though is have them say that during the times when they're NOT on fire. Like for example, imagine going into ravenholm. Everything is quiet. Not even music or ambient sounds. Then all of a sudden, you hear what sounds like the entire area suddenly lit up with random screaming, only for a few seconds, before it cuts off. Which direction did it come from? Is it in front of you? Is it behind you? Are they coming? Personally, if that happened, I'd be in a corner clutching my blankey praying for the clowns to go away.

The weird thing is that I always thought the zombies were saying "Help me God"...

And I never played it backwards....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back