There may actually be an ARG

Doofcake

Hunter
Reaction score
UPDATE: EVERYTHING DEBUNKED, apparently it's not even related to Valve: https://twitter.com/SurgeonSim2013/status/350549872459522048

https://twitter.com/SurgeonSim2013/status/350551392030687232

PnhHfod.png

The Surgeon Simulator 2013 TF2 update included this
FAD2F75C9FBE76BB062DC25805992AB7025118F1

It's a cryptic message under the TF2 medic statue. No way the HL2 Korean update was a coincidence.
The devs of Surgeon Simulator have confirmed the existence of a puzzle.
TF2 also got a 30+MB update to fix "an error with tags" and Portal 2 got an update to "reduce brightness of textures". While those two updates may not be related to this, they do seem fishy, especially that Portal 2 update.

EDIT: The Korean text translates to "time".
The dots in the puzzle seem a whole lot like our Solar System, with the arrow coming out from Saturn (Saturn even has it's rings). I would also like to point out that we can see Saturn again for the first time in 7 years on July 19th.

EDIT2: Here's the texture on it's own in HQ:
action_figure_base.jpg

Already edited the original post with the translation. It translates to "time".

Time to go crazy, people.
It may lead to nothing, but it will be a lot of fun and hilarious disappointment.

Gordon fits the number of _'s too, oh shit it's on!

:v

"Gordon, is it time for Half-Life 3?"

The dots represent the planets. The arrow is coming from Saturn. The Roman god of time is Saturn, and the Korean word translates to time.

It does kill me that the Surgeon devs are teasing about an arg. If only because it's so damned far-fetched that Valve would begin within an IP that they don't even own.

these guys are the people who published SS13

It does kill me that the Surgeon devs are teasing about an arg. If only because it's so damned far-fetched that Valve would begin within an IP that they don't even own.

these guys are the people who published SS13

It would seem possible that the Surgeon Simulator devs are fooling around, but this update came -before- the HL2 update that turned HL2 into a big pile of Korean and Steam Support tweeted in Korean with "Prepare for unforeseen consequences".
I really doubt that was a coincidence.

This ARG is very likely only related to TF2 and the summer sale, this was added yesterday.

250px-Backpack_Summer_Claim_Check.png

The numbers on the ticket are also relevant, according to foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists.

If its all just about tf2 then why did half-life 2 have the Korean thing? Also, a quick google search will tell you the "Saturn coming closer" bit is not true.

If its all just about tf2 then why did half-life 2 have the Korean thing? Also, a quick google search will tell you the "Saturn coming closer" bit is not true.

One of three language packs modified in the update glitched, causing every language setting to display only Korean. The patch has now been fixed, meaning it is purely a coincidence, or the guys behind Surgeon Simulator 2013 are having a good laugh round about now.

One of three language packs modified in the update glitched, causing every language setting to display only Korean. The patch has now been fixed, meaning it is purely a coincidence, or the guys behind Surgeon Simulator 2013 are having a good laugh round about now.

Well, it *may* be a coincidence, but it should probably be pointed that the "Korean puzzle" in Surgeon Simulator was introduced few days ago, when the TF2 DLC was released, before the HL2 patch "glitched".

if you want to follow the whole surgeon simulator ARG thing go to this neogaf forum: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=606131 they seem to have solved a good bit of it and are really trying to see if this could be half life 3 related or not.

also here is a picture of what they think the message might be:
233720_screenshots_20fysaf.png

the korean is "its time" and the blanks are "save me" with what SA could be is anyone's guess

I find this being related to half life 3 not entirely unlikely as valve has worked with indie devs before with the potato sack with portal 2

However I find that the prominent number here is 9 not 3 so :sorry:

valve is testing how quickly people are able to pick up clues they leave, depending on how obvious it is

then being coy about it and playing it off like it isnt anything big.

valve is just testing us. nothing new here.

what SA could be is anyone's guess
its Aperture Science backwards!

ARG Speculation people are the worst. ARG investigators are ok though.

As usual, this confirms absolutely nothing about anything.

I remember seeing a Simpson’s episode with the Funzos, where the people behind the company creating them were watching the consumers getting anxious at the front of the store. They were also making profit projections based on if there was any trampling when things got out of hand. This might very well be something similar, Valve could simply be testing how we all react to each and every "nothing" they throw out there and project what that means in terms of profit.

They may even have all the damned HL games ready to go and just waiting for the right moment to launch depending on the hype. If this is true, get ready for a long, long wait...

@ Valve: “I’m vewy mad @ U…”

We all know that Valve aren't working on Half-Life 3, but rather Left 4 Dead 3. That's the game that Source 2 was built for.

Cause I can't register for the Neogaf forum and someone on there was asking for some topographical information and I thought it was a kinda cool idea, I'll post it here instead.

tumblr_mp3fzsyZ1o1rvnxu8o1_500.png

tumblr_mp3fb0sUWj1rvnxu8o1_500.jpg

Edit Two: The North Korean Connection:
North Korean Cold Weather Head Gear-
alyx_head1b.jpg

Did we ever get a final answer on what language that character is? -
ep3_xen6.jpg

Korean Military Mi-8 -
2008 Artwork:
ep3_05.jpg

Last Scene of Half-Life 2: Episode 2:
tumblr_mp3hi3wEct1rvnxu8o1_500.jpg

Steam Support Korean Disclaimer to the Korean Language localization patch -
예측하지 못한 결과에 대비하라. "Prepare for Unforeseen Consequences."

Why Korean localization now?

Loop back around to Korean Symbols on the underside of an ambiguous puzzle in a Valve-centric patch to an unrelated game. "The time is" "SA VE ME"

If you don't think something fishy is going on then I can't convince you from here. I'm not really convinced myself. Just kinda neat.

9 is 3^3. LITERALLY three threes. If that's not 100% confirmation of HL3, I don't know what is.

9 is the operative number in the Nonary Game. Time is also a central element. Planets are frequently used as symbols for keys. Korea is kind of close to Japan.

Third Zero Escape game confirmed.

I really don't give a shit if it was reckless, foolish, or nonsensical.
I'll be happy to go through the motions every time the opportunity comes up.

So it really was just a coincidence. A damn good one too. Too bad, nothing to see here, carry on everyone!

What I like is that the guy answering the tweets on SS2013 says that korean characters are going to be the tattoo choice for 2014 ;).

I never get invited to parties. I sit here at home posting on this forum and masturbating.

Back