This forum is dead

Shame about it, I kind of miss all the shitposting that used to go in the grander days of hl2.net. Lots of great laughs when I first joined this site: Que-Ever's glorious shitposting, Darkside55 breaking the word filter, the athiest circlejerking that would make you want to tip a fedora (before it was cool), Samon's short posts on how he hated Op4 and BS, knghenry incident, valve shilling when it was hip, etc.

At this point I can only get my shitposting fix at facepunch SH, #gamergate on twitter and 8ch /v/

Seeing that the last post in the TF2 forum was from last year (barring some spam), I'll post this here: the Pyro without his suit on (but still wearing the goggles):
pyro.jpg

On topic: yep; forum is decomposing!

Funny...for a dead forum there sure seems to be a lot of activity....without the masses of trolls that is.

Many good times were had and yeah a slower pace will result in significantly less shitposting.

I haven't been here for a long time, but I can say this forum isn't really active. Steam discussions has lots of discussions going around, but most of them are trolls.

I come here for the awesome Valve news, too bad there's not much interesting stuff going on with Valve except for Source 2

Returned to check some General Gaming threads etc. I sure do miss this place! Polite conversations and just the optimal amount of elitism.

I maintain my reasoning that this forum will return to life as a White Walker, roaming North of the Wall while Winter is Coming.

I'm still here because I recall making some hefty promises I wouldn't leave until this shit 404s

and because I still automatically type halflife2.net into my browser when i'm idle

Dang there isn't many of the older members here anymore. What happened to AngryLawyer? Atomicpiggy? Samon? Que-Ever? Kadyai? Asuka? Yorick? Absinthe? Stigmata?

I come back after a few years of being away from gaming and forums, and this place is a bone yard!

Dang there isn't many of the older members here anymore. What happened to AngryLawyer? Atomicpiggy? Samon? Que-Ever? Kadyai? Asuka? Yorick? Absinthe? Stigmata?

I come back after a few years of being away from gaming and forums, and this place is a bone yard!
Angry Lawyer lost his license to practice lawyering, Piggy is bacon, Samon hated his withered and frail body into oblivion, Que: :V, Kadayi pooped, Asuka anime'd too hard, Yorick is fat, Absinthe idk lol, Stig is around places

This forum is not dead. Death would be a kindness.

No, this board is a shriveled husk drawing ragged breath through atrophied lungs, suckling futilely at the air through teeth clenched in a pained scowl, its every exhalation a cough of dust and regret. It silently curses every inhalation, its raw throat unable to beg for the mercy of a final rest, each laborious gasp the involuntary reaction of a body that refuses to allow itself to die.

This board was once bright, and active. In its heyday it knew good times, good friends, good conversations. It had its time in the sun. Now it lies alone in some dank and claustrophobic space its blind, milky eyes cannot fathom. Its only awareness of its own body is the tremulous palsy that precedes a loss of sensation as its nerves slowly die, one by one. Muscle and skin slough from the bone, and festering bed sores open yellow and red along its pale, light-deprived body, the result of a stagnation it cannot bring itself to roll over from.

Its addled mind has invented a cast of disparate personalities cobbled from the memories it had of its old userbase; it cannot know that time has moved on, it does not realize that there has not been a single living person posting on this board for years. What remains of 'discussion' and 'discourse' in this forum is no more than the echoes of the people it remembers, their predictable responses and interactions etched into the wet gray wrinkles in its slick brain, trotted out to make 'conversation.' When its failing psyche begins to realize that something is amiss, it splinters even further into 'new users,' composites of its former populace, a defense against the truth: no one is here. Not really.

So the board lives on in a state one could only barely label 'life,' because death will never come for this board. Death has long forgotten it.

Just like everyone else.

Have a happy Halloween, all ye who cannot let this board die

God damn this is a good Darkside post, what ****ing year is it?

Angry Lawyer lost his license to practice lawyering, Piggy is bacon, Samon hated his withered and frail body into oblivion, Que: :V, Kadayi pooped, Asuka anime'd too hard, Yorick is fat, Absinthe idk lol, Stig is around places

I've actually talked to stig recently, now I get why this site died.

No mention of good old Rim-Fire ;(

Remember when my sig was "VOTE ENNUI FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNIVERSE 2004" for the 2004 election season? I got about 40 votes via PM :D

Also, real talk: I was 14 when I joined HL2.net. I'm TWENTY ****ING SIX now.

I was in 9th grade when I first played HL2, since then everyone on the planet has either got married or died.

life in a nutshell

Last edited:
Back