this is probably a good enough reason why the US/UK shouldnt arm Syrian rebels

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
A graphic video has emerged of a Syrian rebel commander cutting the heart out of a government soldier’s chest and biting into it.

Described by Human Rights Watch as “emblematic” of a civil war that has rapidly descended into sectarian hatred and revenge killings, the amateur footage was posted on the internet yesterday - sparking outrage among opposition figures, as well as supporters of President Bashar al-Assad.
Human Rights Watch said the video shows Abu Sakkar – the prominent founder of rebel group Farouq Brigade, which originated in Homs.

In the clip, Sakkar cuts into the chest of the dead soldier before ripping out his heart and liver and declaring: “I swear to God we will eat your hearts and your livers, you soldiers of Bashar the dog”. To off-screen cheers and chants of “Allahu akbar [God is Great]”, the man then bites into the heart.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ent-soldiers-heart-and-eating-it-8615112.html

the US/UK should be familiar with putting their foot into a quagmire only to have it blown off

I thought the US armed the rebels months ago?

The only reason the US keeps intervening in the middle east is to maintain instability. Stable regions become economic powerhouses, and a unified Middle East region would control a LOT of strategic resources with a LOT of bargaining power. Politicians don't give a single round **** about doing the right thing, only the strategically advantageous thing. At least this time it didn't involve Americans dying to get it done.

The only reason the US keeps intervening in the middle east is to maintain instability. Stable regions become economic powerhouses, and a unified Middle East region would control a LOT of strategic resources with a LOT of bargaining power. Politicians don't give a single round **** about doing the right thing, only the strategically advantageous thing. At least this time it didn't involve Americans dying to get it done.
For the longest time I kept reading the first part as "to maintain stability" and it made me really angry, but now I see that obviously wasn't the case.

All war is imperialism, all imperialism is for resources, all resource wars are to gain profit or additional control for the acting regime.

Its all about the oil, check out the "silkroad". Another thing the syrian rebel army chief was one of the heads in that region for royal dutch shell. weard right!

These so called 'rebels' really are disgusting. Thankfully Syrian government forces are driving the rats out with victories all over the country.

However it does make you marvel at the hypocrisy of the imperialists, for years they tell you how evil these Islamic fundamentalists are, and then all of a sudden they are on our side and they become 'freedom fighters' who we must support and arm.

Back