'Those' people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preachy religious people can go die. That's my contribution to the thread.

Aftican Americans that converted to Islam,are as annoying as they are funny :p

D:

I KNOW EXACTLY what you are talking about...

I worked with this girl named Demelia or somesuch, and then one day she converted and we had to call her Sahara. I still called her Demelia until I quit because it was funny to see her get all angry. :p

Kids that think people care about their opinions.

Americans.

Anyone who follows a religion. When will they realise that religion is just a very old form of population control? "Be good or else _____ will smite you. ______ is watching you always. _______ works in mysterious ways."

Blatant stupidity.

People who hate Americans just because they were born in USA.

So you automatically hate me?
I have met enough Americans to know you are all loud-mouthed head-up-your-own-ass morons until proven otherwise on a person-by-person basis. Even most Americans would agree with that. I have only ever met a grand total of 3 (three) Americans that DON'T fit into the stereotype of a blow-ass American. I have met ALOT of Americans. You all think the world revolves around you, and everyone that is not the person you see in the mirror is on this earth to serve you. It's so fun winding up tourist yanks when they (inevitably) demand things. A common American trick is to ask some random person on the street for directions, and then expect them to actually TAKE them to their destination - and could you carry the bags too? I've also seen them try to get an entire tour boat turned around, and ruin everyone elses trip on the boat because they forgot the tape for their camera. Boy, did they have a hissy fit! Out came the usual American "rights" speech, then they threatened to lay kidnap charges, all while the boat was already 45 mins offshore.

It's like there's something put into the water to ensure you are all wankers. I'm sure it's not your fault.

He's right though for the most part.

There are lots of good people down there too, just gotta get lucky to find them. You can even find them riding the New York subway system, surprisingly enough.

When I was in New York there was lots of nice people willing help us with directions and such, but of course there were a lot of idiots as well.

Luckily New York is easy as hell to get around in.

I hate most Americans, myself, so for the first time in history...

I agree with Shasta. D:

*Hell begins to freeze...*

You guys are all idiots. Most Americans are nice people who do give a damn about other people and things outside themselves. I dont think you have met that many Americans Shasta, and if you have then you either purposefully sought out dip shits, or live in a area where they like to visit.

Another thing is that even if you saw a normal American, you probably wouldnt know it because they wouldnt stand out from the crowd. Nobody notices the quiet people, nobody notices the nice people, and nobody notices the good people. You can go ahead and sit there telling me how every American is a self absorbed twatbag, but for each one of them you can name there is a hundred good people you never noticed. The only reason you have met 3 Americans that dont meet the stereotype is because you dont give others a chance. You dont give the others a chance because you dont even notice them.

But you know what? **** it, im sick of having to preach to you people about this. I cant wait until it stops being cool to hate Americans, and people start hating individuals. I could have formed my opinion on all the British twats that I see come here to florida and be twats about everything. There are dickhead people from everywhere, and the ratio is pretty much the same of dickwad to nice guy. I know that the British snobs that come here arnt representative of British people. Maybe you should stop making these sweeping generalizations about people based on a small biased few that you meet.

I bet your opinion has been almost entirely formed by meeting tourists and news channels. You should hate tourists, because those people are usually wankers. Some European tourists are annoying ****s here in America, some American tourists are annoying ****s over in Europe.

Well, **** it, I could go on longer, but ill cut it off here. I know nothing I say will change what you think, because you probably have your opinion set in stone, and no amount of reason will change it.

First, Krynn, I love the link in your sig.

Second, you need to relax. America is hated by the rest of the World, you know it, I know it, the whole World knows it.

Just stop caring. It's not your fault, you love your country (maybe?) and that's all that matters. Until it starts DIRECTLY effecting your life then it doesn't even matter. What we say on here won't effect how you feel on your regular day living in Florida.

The world's view of America was ruined by its foreign policies, not by the random jerk from New York who cut them off on the Freeway.

It's fine, once a new President gets elected (please god be Obama) and changes the way you guys operate with the rest of the World things will go back to a more tolerant level. Most of the World will never LOVE the US, but the hate atm is at an all time high (see: Iraq).

Of course this isn't the first time foreign policies have made the people of the World angry. The Cuban Missle Crisis was a perfect example of how "we can do it but you can't or we'll bomb you" type of mentality the US Government likes to lead.

Just sit back and try to enjoy the rollercoaster I say.

shasta ,you find assholes in every country.
Your just being a dick right now.

Thanks Baal. Sometimes I get riled up. I dont love my country, there is a lot of bad shit about it. I know this, and there are in fact a lot of Americans I hate because of the stuff they do. However I hate individual people, and I hate certain things about my country. But what I really hate is people who "Americans" in general, rather than hating the things that should be hated. Hate George Bush, hate the judicial system, hate our foreign policies, but for ****s sake dont hate the average person. Many of us are on your side when it comes to realizing whats wrong with this country, yet you hate us anyways simply because we werent born in your country.

Shit... i started again. Ok, im done, ima go watch that ytmnd again and chill.

Thanks Baal. Sometimes I get riled up. I dont love my country, there is a lot of bad shit about it. I know this, and there are in fact a lot of Americans I hate because of the stuff they do. However I hate individual people, and I hate certain things about my country. But what I really hate is people who "Americans" in general, rather than hating the things that should be hated. Hate George Bush, hate the judicial system, hate our foreign policies, but for ****s sake dont hate the average person. Many of us are on your side when it comes to realizing whats wrong with this country, yet you hate us anyways simply because we werent born in your country.

Shit... i started again. Ok, im done, ima go watch that ytmnd again and chill.

Yes, but you see, most people in the World will never have the chance to see George W. Bush so they can punch him in the face, or be rude to him, or any of the other fellow US Government officials which have made poor judgement in the last several years regarding foreign policies.

So then the hatred moves down the food chain to the everyday American tourists or Internet Americans. Some of the hate also can derive from their parents who had a bad experience with an American or was directly influenced by American Policies (Vietnam anyone?).

And of course England is angry at the US after feelings of being "tricked" into invading Iraq, which is believed to have led to the recent terrorist activity in England

See when someone pisses you off on the road, there's a simple solution..flip them off

Yes, but you see, most people in the World will never have the chance to see George W. Bush so they can punch him in the face, or be rude to him, or any of the other fellow US Government officials which have made poor judgement in the last several years regarding foreign policies.

So then the hatred moves down the food chain to the everyday American tourists or Internet Americans. Some of the hate also can derive from their parents who had a bad experience with an American or was directly influenced by American Policies (Vietnam anyone?).

And of course England is angry at the US after feelings of being "tricked" into invading Iraq, which is believed to have led to the recent terrorist activity in England

If it wasn't for America england would be part of the third reich.

I only hate most Americans because I experience the shit every day. Hell, I'm one of them, I better fkn know what shit they pull.

*EDIT* Uh oh A...you started a flood, me thinks.

If it wasn't for America england would be part of the third reich.

I wasn't sure what that was, I knew it had to be German, and Wikipedia confirmed it.

I see your point, but it's funny how quickly people forget the good from the past when the bad is presented in the present. (o see what I did there)

FFS, guns aren't that prevalent in America. Holy shit. That stereotype needs to go.

EDIT: Even in Michigan, the gun capital of the world.

Some woman on the plane today leant her seat back as far as it would go while I was sitting behind her. Couldn't even move.

Quite how she managed to display such an enormous lack of consideration for any other bleeding passenger I've no idea, but after numerous failed attempts to distract her from her tinny MP3 player I just shoved the seat forward again and she seemed to get the message.

'Those people'? What do you mean 'those' people?

Oh lawdy lawd don't make me break mah foot off in yo ass.

Edit: I hate 'you' people. HA!

Calm down ladies. I don't expect you to understand. I mean, if you live in shit, you don't notice the smell all around you, right? Well over here in the fresh air, when an American comes to visit, you DO notice the stink. You can LITERALLY see an American coming a mile away. And hear them, too. They are loud, and expect the world to stop for them. It's just a cultural difference I'm sure, and you probably NEED to be like that to get anywhere in the USA, because you are just an insignificant number lost in a huge population, but they don't switch off "asshole mode" when they are not in the States. It's like the entire country has "small man syndrome", and they will take ANY opportunity to try and seem more important than everyone around them.

I'm not on any "it's cool to hate America" bandwagon, in fact no-one really discusses Americans here (I'm sure you all THINK we have nothing better to do than talk about you though - part of the whole "world revolves around you" thing). I just can't stand the way they act, think, sound...

Calm down ladies. I don't expect you to understand. I mean, if you live in shit, you don't notice the smell all around you, right? Well over here in the fresh air, when an American comes to visit, you DO notice the stink. You can LITERALLY see an American coming a mile away. And hear them, too. They are loud, and expect the world to stop for them. It's just a cultural difference I'm sure, and you probably NEED to be like that to get anywhere in the USA, because you are just an insignificant number lost in a huge population, but they don't switch off "asshole mode" when they are not in the States. It's like the entire country has "small man syndrome", and they will take ANY opportunity to try and seem more important than everyone around them.

I'm not on any "it's cool to hate America" bandwagon, in fact no-one really discusses Americans here (I'm sure you all THINK we have nothing better to do than talk about you though - part of the whole "world revolves around you" thing). I just can't stand the way they act, think, sound...

I notice it, does that mean I'm meant to be elsewhere. D:

except that that is illegal...it's called the passing lane for a reason. You've never seen the signs that say, "slower vehicles keep right"? That's my absolute number 1 pet peeve, people who think the passing lane is a driving lane or a 'fast' lane.
Don't go to Calgary then... their speeds limits are only suggested

What is wrong with you people!?

I read halfway through the thread and got disguested. Seriously. Someone is being a jerk in a car, let him. Don't react, just let him; there are NUMEROUS very legitimate reasons for him being in a hurry, and, instead of being one of 'Those' people you can let him past!

Also, what the heck is with all the stereotypes flying around? Its worse then racism!

I am going to tell you a little rule I made up. I call it the 99% rule.

What happens when you put a drop of red food coloring into a glass of clear water? The glass of water turns red. How much of it is the food coloring? less then 1 percent. That means 99% of the people out there are good people, and you only notice the a-holes, or when the good people are acting like a-holes.

Also, a lot of the people who are posting in this thread are one of 'Those' people. Stop, look at yourself, and fix your scewed world views.

No one has ever pissed you off? That's what this is for, our pissed off side.

What is wrong with you people!?

I read halfway through the thread and got disguested. Seriously. Someone is being a jerk in a car, let him. Don't react, just let him; there are NUMEROUS very legitimate reasons for him being in a hurry, and, instead of being one of 'Those' people you can let him past!

Also, what the heck is with all the stereotypes flying around? Its worse then racism!

I am going to tell you a little rule I made up. I call it the 99% rule.

What happens when you put a drop of red food coloring into a glass of clear water? The glass of water turns red. How much of it is the food coloring? less then 1 percent. That means 99% of the people out there are good people, and you only notice the a-holes, or when the good people are acting like a-holes.

Also, a lot of the people who are posting in this thread are one of 'Those' people. Stop, look at yourself, and fix your scewed world views.

Good post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back