Thoughts on HL2, ep1, & ep2 (I.E. Locations in hl2, & time taken before hl2 started)

Haxor

Reaction score
Just seeing if anyone is thinking the same way i am about the things you will hear and see through out the hl2 series.
Possible Locations: Russia, why? In hl2 ep2 when you get to white forest base, most markings seen on silos and blast doors when navigating through them it will look like a form a Russian and or Czech text, if not then somewhere in Europe would be accurate enough.
Possible time taken before hl2: I think it would have taken atleast 10 years after the 7hr war, before Gorden Freeman to arrive, why? If you notice most things built in hl2, the combine buildings, the apartments for citizens, & the size of the rebellion, it would seem that it would take years for everything seen to be established. This will include records for every citizen within the country where combine are establish (being the whole earth). Also when you first get to black mesa east and meet with Eli does he not look older then when you first met him in hl1? (Note in hl1 he was 1st alive scientist who told you to get help) Or when you first meet D0G, Alyx will say something along these lines "My dad built him to protect me since I was little. I've been adding on ever since." That not only means the combine could been on earth for more then 10 years,(because who knows how little she means) but it shows they've could've been there for a while.
Express your thoughts, just be nice

I think the general consensus is that yes, it is eastern Europe somewhere.
The time gap is about 20 years, Alyx was a baby/small child during the Black Mesa incident ("That picture and Alyx were the only things I managed to carry out of Black Mesa." - Eli. Ergo, Alyx was to little walk herself), she's about 20/21/22 in Half-Life 2, thus 20 years.

I think the general consensus is that yes, it is eastern Europe somewhere.
The time gap is about 20 years, Alyx was a baby/small child during the Black Mesa incident ("That picture and Alyx were the only things I managed to carry out of Black Mesa." - Eli. Ergo, Alyx was to little walk herself), she's about 20/21/22 in Half-Life 2, thus 20 years.

okay true there was atleast a 20 year gap, but it could also depend how old alyx was when the combine arrived, i kind of doubt they arrived right away so it's possible for a 10 year gap (possibly a couple more years) from the end of the 7hr war

1. St. Petersburgh Russia or Oddessa, Ukraine. I'm fluent in Russian and I've been to both of these places, and judging by st Petes unique flood control system/levees and European style architecture both of which we see in hl2 and ep1, Im inclined to thing it's st petes that the real world location of c17. Now oddessa might also be the place because of oddessa cubbage, and because of c17 and oddessa's similar surrounding area.

2. 99% of people agree that it's 20 years.

3. SEARCH BEFORE POSTING. We've talked about where c17 is atleast a jillion times.

Back