Tim Ryan (D) Ohio puts the smack down

meh.

funny thing is, only 800,000 jobs have been lost under bush

Eg. said:
meh.

funny thing is, only 800,000 jobs have been lost under bush

First president to preside over a job loss since the depression.

Neutrino said:
First president to preside over a job loss since the depression.

omg, the doomzors, 911, did nothing to teh economy!!!!

^ I agree with above, Eg.

Oh noes! but liek teh president lost teh jobs since recession dustbowl thingie and oh noes cuz liek im teh liberal dat lost.

BUSH IS HITLER, FOUR MORE WARS, DEFAMATORY, DEFAMATORY, DEFAMATORY!!!11 /end Liberal Partisan Behavior

It's amazing how much power the President must have to be losin jobs for people..

You might as well claim that President Bush is God as much as he causes all these problems in the world... pretty powerful man your making him out to be.... yet he's "dumb."

Dont understand you folks.

Eg. said:
omg, the doomzors, 911, did nothing to teh economy!!!!

When attempting to mock someone in a political discussion it is much more effective to use proper grammar and spelling. Otherwise you make yourself look like an idiot.

I merely stated a fact to help explain why the job loss is more significant then it may at first seem. If you don't think it's an important then feel free to explain why.

C-O-N-Spiracy said:
It's amazing how much power the President must have to be losin jobs for people..

You might as well claim that President Bush is God as much as he causes all these problems in the world... pretty powerful man your making him out to be.... yet he's "dumb."

Dont understand you folks.

Many things are beyond his control. The economy and jobs generally follow economic trends that cannot be changed by either one person or the government. However, that doesn't mean he doesn't have any effect on them.

Oh and who called him "dumb" here? Quit putting words in people's mouths.

Neutrino said:
When attempting to mock someone in a political discussion it is much more effective to use proper grammar and spelling. Otherwise you make yourself look like an idiot.

I merely stated a fact to help explain why the job loss is more significant then it may at first seem. If you don't think it's an important then feel free to explain why.

Many things are beyond his control. The economy and jobs generally follow economic trends that cannot be changed by either one person or the government. However, that doesn't mean he doesn't have any effect on them.

Oh and who called him "dumb" here? Quit putting words in people's mouths.

No one called him dumb here.. Its just the attitude of most liberals towards the Prez.

C-O-N-Spiracy said:
No one called him dumb here.. Its just the attitude of most liberals towards the Prez.

Even if it were 'most' liberals, which it obviously isn't, it's still not all liberals.
It's kinda pointless to respond to something no-one said.

In fact, for Kerebos and Eg, when has a liberal ever talked in this semi-retardate AOL partisanship you've invented?

Seriously, what do you gain by making fun of people who don't exist?

Back on topic, I'm not very well versed in economics, especially american ones, but if 9/11 was the primary cause of the job losses, shouldn't something similar have happened after the Pearl Harbour attacks as well?

You honestly dont think that there are AAAANNYY Liberals out there who think or say Bush is just such a moron?

C-O-N-Spiracy said:
You honestly dont think that there are AAAANNYY Liberals out there who think or say Bush is just such a moron?

I'm sure you know that 'some' does not mean 'all.'

Obviously some liberals are like that.
However, none of them are posting in this thread.

Focus!
Focus on what's in front of you!

thats hardly a smackdown. just an angst filled young congressman fuming about his parties defeat.

Mechagodzilla said:
Back on topic, I'm not very well versed in economics, especially american ones, but if 9/11 was the primary cause of the job losses, shouldn't something similar have happened after the Pearl Harbour attacks as well?

You forget we were in the midst of the Great Depression when Pearl Harbor happened. The economy was already in the crapper. The funny thing is, alot of people think FDR brought us out of the Depression, but it was actually WW2. Some even speculate (a belief I don't subscribe to, BTW) that FDR allowed Pearl Harbor to happen for precisely that reason. So FDR is now remembered as one of the greatest Presidents ever, while GWB is considered a third -rate, illegitimate pretender to the throne (so to speak) because the economy took a long walk off a short cliff hastened considerably by 9/11. When will people learn that in a capitalist economy, politicians have little to no effect on job creation OR job losses. The market is fluid, it ebbs and flows.

bush? iraq? what's that angry man yelling about? :confused:

anyway, all i know is that wartime + tax cut = genius.

she said put it in her mouth.. i mean her mother****ing mouth..
you wanna go down? why not? i be like herbie and han' you a cock
and tell you that my name is "Ak"

gh0st said:
thats hardly a smackdown. just an angst filled young congressman fuming about his parties defeat.

That speech took place in October.

gh0st said:
then take out "about his parties defeat."

Yes. Even though the man makes a good point, let's just go ahead and rule him out due to being "angst-filled".

Absinthe said:
Yes. Even though the man makes a good point, let's just go ahead and rule him out due to being "angst-filled".
i already did

http://www.hypocrites.com/article10958.html

The recession started under Clinton update: U.S. jobless rate rises; 308,000 jobs lost in Feb.
Friday, 07 March 2003 @ 15:40:00 EST

http://www.factcheck.org/article234.html

But -- as a look at the chart below will show -- US manufacturing employment was in decline for nearly three years before Bush became President. It actually declined by 544,000 between the peak reached in March, 1998 and when Clinton left office, even as the economy added nearly 7.8 million jobs in all categories during the climax of a roaring economic boom that ended a few weeks after Bush was sworn in. In fact, 238,000 of those manufacturing jobs were lost in Clinton's last six month alone, showing that the decline was well-established even before Bush had spent a day in office.

Kinda sad when people don't check their facts before posting,isn't it?

Back