Tim Schafer's new game - 'Brutal Legend'

Oh.

My.

GODS.

INCREDIBLY AWESOME SHIT. INCREDIBLY AWESOME SHIT. INCREDIBLY AWESOM-

*spazzes out and dies*

Sweet, Jack Black's in it.
Game looks like it'll be really funny and fun.

Man, I still need to finish Psychonauts.

Kick ass. Great game concept. And Jack Black as a roadie superhero must be so funny.

All these bigtime Lucas vets are doing so exceedingly well with their various endeavours that its no wonder Lucas has been hurting without them!!

This game is going to be cold raw gold.

One of the really neat things in the scans was that by playing a guitar solo, you can literally melt your enemies' faces off.

Holy shit, look at the bands contributing to this game: Sabbath, Kiss, Judas Priest...
emotrockup0.gif

I'm not a huge rock listener but I am a sucker for Schafer, so BRING IT ON!

My heart just sank. It says it's for 360 and PS3 only.

Sure, I'm getting a 360 eventually, but it seems only right it should be for PC...

Sure, I'm getting a 360 eventually, but it seems only right it should be for PC...

NO! NO! I WILL KILL SOMEONE! NO PLEASE GOD NO! ;(

Game looks FAN ****ING TASTIC!! ahah cant wait to give it a whirl!:E

PEACE

Mikey

I'm surprised at that decision if it's true. Didn't Psychonauts have a big resurgence in sales after it's Steam release?

I know GTA IV is only announced for 360 and PS3 but you can bet your house Rockstar will be releasing a PC version too.

same :(

(except not ever getting a 360)

lol @ rock umlauts :D

This looks ace.

EDIT: It also looks like Sacrifice, which can only be a good thing. Massive open landscapes? Surreal humour? Fantasy action/strategy warfare with an army of outlandish creatures?

Come on HL2.net! MASS LETTER WRITING CAMPAIGN!

Especially when you add those mind-control starfish inside the letters.

While I'm here, I should say that doublefine's website is one of the finest game-developer websites invented in the history of the world.

Hell, even their Hiring page reeks of humour.

Wheeeeee, a new Tim Schafer game!!! Being a fan of his work, as well as being a fan of rock music and Jack Black means I cant wait to get more details on this game!

I want a new Monkey Island, damn it. Tim Schafer mentioning the Secret of Monkey Island was like a stab in the heart. :(

Oh god.

That looks - so - AWESOME!

Doublepost, but IGN has a new extremely reviewing Interview up with Tim Schafer's name and voice on it.

br252tal-legend-20071105064230826.jpg

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/832/832903p2.html

IGN AU: So why is Eddie raising an army?

Tim Schafer: He gets to this land, this brutal world where humanity is enslaved by demons, and he's greeted like a hero. They're like - 'Finally! Someone's come to save us! You're from the future so you must know a lot about modern warfare so why don't you tell us all about it?' and he doesn't know anything about modern warfare, but he knows how to put on a good rock show, and how to get a band moved from one town to another. And so he's like 'I can do that for you', and one of the interesting things about this world is that there was an ancient race of titans that invented everything from music, in the form of heavy metal, and also hotrods and cars, and basically everything cool, but then they eventually ascended up to the heavens to become the metal gods, but they wanted to leave behind instructions for how to do this. They left the instructions for how to build hotrods and make heavy metal in the landscape, so they taught spiders how to spin guitar strings out of silk, and if you chop a tree down the cross-sections are perfect tyres, and there are V8 engines growing underground, and all these things just waiting for you to discover, and just dig up and put together.

So the roadie has all this at his disposal, and what he also has in his head is a photographic memory of every heavy metal album cover ever made, so he uses that as a blueprint and snaps them all together and says 'hey, I just built the tour bus, everybody get inside'. And then the single player campaign, the missions one after another, add another unit to this army, so the first mission you find this town where all the young men have been kidnapped and forced to work in a slave labour mine, where they're digging up car parts from out of the ground, but the person who's making them work hasn't even given them tools. They've just been forced for generations to smash their bare heads against the wall.

Jebus, forget Mass Effect. I will want an Xbox 360 just for this game.

*EDIT* LAWL the game looks awesome and badass JUST from teh freaking trailer.

Back