• No

Votes: 21 13.4%

• Total voters

evil^milk

Tank
Reaction score
...jk.

Do you want the HL2 videos out now?

As I see many of you (including moi) are in desperate need of the high res videos, let's make a "petition" and try to exhort Valve to release 2 videos per week during the following and remaining 8 weeks for the release of HL2 (thanks to somebody who suggested this).

How we're gonna do this? Well, after everyone votes then maybe Valve will consider releasing the videos ^_^

Pardon my english, it isn't my primary language

heh.This petition will not change anything ,but I'll sign to the petition :p

lol, i know it probably won't change anything... but u can always try :thumbs:

i'll shut up now.

Mechagodzilla said:
Um, why would anyone not want the binks out sooner?

*signs away*

:thumbs:=>"Release!":borg:=>"No way.":borg:=>*blast*;(=>"Nooo!!!"

This is the most ridicolous thing I've read on the forums. Valve are under pressure as it is releasing Half-Life 2 in time for Summer. They will release the bink the videos in a time that suites them.

This is the most ridicolous thing I've read on the forums. Valve are under pressure as it is releasing Half-Life 2 in time for Summer. They will release the bink the videos in a time that suites them.

Thirty people (and counting) don't agree with you. I know they're busy btw and this wasnt intended to pressure them more

It would be more of a waste of bandwidth than time.
Well, not waste. but would be using a lot.

Ofcourse I don't want them! What's the point in watching some new media w00tage of just some basic most anticipated game ever?

The Binks were played in a third booth somewhere at E3.
The hl2 media icon has just reappeared.
'Nuff said.

Valve will do whatever they want to do.

A BINK file may have been shown in one of the booths but this file would have been between 500mb and 1000mb. That's something that Valve are unlikely to release all in one go because of the sheer size of it. If they did, the majority of people would only moan that it's too big.

That means that have to spend time editing it, putting in the HL2 logo on it and then the (C) Valve bit at the end of each video. That takes time. Time may be something that Valve don't have time to give right now.

I've voted yes because I want to see them, but I don't expect for a second they'll give into a "petition".

I voted no. At this point, I've seen enough video--it's time to crank up the work to finish the game.

Voting yes assuming you mean the e32k4 binks.

The 2k3 ones have been released.

I'm with the (apperant minority).

I've seen enough, releasing more now even at the cost of one more day in development isn't really worth it for me.

I just want the game, movies be damned.

I'd like a bink video of Gabe screaming into the camera "IT'S GONE GOLD BABY... GOLD!!!"

Valve, release this now please.....

Wildhound said:
It never left.

Check the file's creation date.

Wow... the icon was created on my computer before I even had it....

Looks like someone was playing with my hard drive... :rolleyes:

The Thing said:
Wow... the icon was created on my computer before I even had it....

Looks like someone was playing with my hard drive... :rolleyes:

Wow, that's overwhelmingly impossible. Unless your computer came with Steam already installed.

This is sort of pointless, they will release them soon the same way they did the others.

Wildhound said:
Wow, that's overwhelmingly impossible. Unless your computer came with Steam already installed.

There are tools to edit Creation/Modified/Access dates...

Daiceman9 said:
There are tools to edit Creation/Modified/Access dates...

Oh no... someone has hacked my computer to change the file creation date of an icon... :E

Just release the ****ing game. They can work on tiny bug fixes while were playing it, thats the whole point of steam.

If anything release the game to stop idiots like this posting dumbass threads like

"Will you be playing half life2 in red shoes?"

"If gorden was your name, would you talk?"

"I just called my mum allyx lollerz"

urseus said:
Just release the ****ing game. They can work on tiny bug fixes while were playing it, thats the whole point of steam.

If anything release the game to stop idiots like this posting dumbass threads like

Agreed. But what would be the point of these forums if it was released..

/me ponders...

urseus said:

Yeah, I'm sure people without Net connexions would love that.

:)

urseus said:

Wow thats some exellent thread topics, Im gonna steal em!! :D

Anyway: IMO a poll is kinda pointless when the outcome is given in advance. :)

Feath said:
Yeah, I'm sure people without Net connexions would love that.
There aren't many FPS players who don't have a connection. And just look at all other games; I'd roughly say that there are about 0 games that don't get a patch of sorts after the release of the game. The game makers are hardly thinking about that if players have a connection or not. Today's game devs already expect that their players have a connection.

The Thing said:
Eh? You mean these forums are just "can't wait till HL2 release date lalala" forums? Might be, but at least these forums won't die. The General chat will fade a bit but people will 'balance' the forums ie. after HL2 release there is actually something to talk about on the Editing, Modeling and Mapping forums.

edit:
scribblehead said:
Would be cool if the binks were 're-recorded' with HDR.
That would give a false image of the game since the HDR won't be included ;/

I dont want no more videos coming out.. Give me the game damn it!! :flame:

I would live to check out the strider scenes in high-res :)

The Thing said:

/me ponders...
People keep saying this, it's rather worrying. HalfLife2.Net isn't just gonna stop running when the game's out. The site will still be updated daily with HL2 related news, the forums will hopefully still be as busy as ever to carry on discussing the game, modding, the SDK, TF2, CSS, DOD2, HL3, expansion packs, off topic etc etc just as we do now. In fact if anything, we'll be improving the whole place even more.

Will i play Half-Life 2 with red shoes on? I'm not sure if I will. I'll probably just have socks on with no shoes. But if it's really cold or if i've just come into my room from outside i'll probably have shoes on. It's a tough one really. I can't predict with absolute certainty that i'll have shoes on , let alone red shoes, when playing Half-Life 2.

Release the BINKS Valve. This vile temptress of a community you've created is growing restless.

Wsh said:
There aren't many FPS players who don't have a connection. And just look at all other games; I'd roughly say that there are about 0 games that don't get a patch of sorts after the release of the game. The game makers are hardly thinking about that if players have a connection or not. Today's game devs already expect that their players have a connection./

I have mates who have computers and play FPS games regularly but dont have internet connections. I can imagine if one of them bought HL2 and it was full of bugs, just to make a vocal minority happy, he would be rather pissed off.

For that matter, I have an internet connection but I hate games that need regular patching just to make them playable, even if the patches are being downloaded through Steam without me knowing about it. Some of us have monthly bandwidth limits.

Back