Time for some pressure

Do you want the BINKs released soon?

• Yes

Votes: 136 86.6%
  • No

Votes: 21 13.4%

• Total voters
iamaelephant said:
For that matter, I have an internet connection but I hate games that need regular patching just to make them playable, even if the patches are being downloaded through Steam without me knowing about it. Some of us have monthly bandwidth limits.

You havent got CS:CZ then I take it...

i vote yes, but on the other hand i seen enough video, but sure let see the high res bink videos, would be nice to see, but let have the game now, weve been waiting to long, i pre-ordered on 16th of september 2003, i have has NZ$100 on pre-order for hl2 for nearly 1 year :imu:

IMO, they shouldn't even bother with BINK vids. They should work 100% on getting HL2 out the door, that way there will be no reason to have vids.

Chris_D said:
People keep saying this, it's rather worrying. HalfLife2.Net isn't just gonna stop running when the game's out. The site will still be updated daily with HL2 related news, the forums will hopefully still be as busy as ever to carry on discussing the game, modding, the SDK, TF2, CSS, DOD2, HL3, expansion packs, off topic etc etc just as we do now. In fact if anything, we'll be improving the whole place even more.
I'm not really sure how the community will react when the game is released. They might shut themselves away in their room and not be heard from for weeks, or they might visit the site more frequently to say things like "OMG THIS GAME IS TEH 1337!!!!11!" or "WTF OMG TEH SHADOWS DON LOOK RIGHT DIS GAME IS TEH SUK!!!111!!1". Personally, I'm not sure what I'll do, but we will all know what will happen in time...

Valve can handle it. It's a one man job anyway.

Open console
1. startmovie e32004, this creates all the BMP's of the demo file
2. Import all your bmps into adobe premiere
3. Export as AVI in raw uncompressed format
4. Open Rad Video Tools, open the AVI, convert to BINK
5. Release through bit torrent

In Valve time that's least 2-3 days of work. (1 day for a normal person). The only thing i don't get is how they get the sound from the demo file. Probably a feature of source....

imo whats the point in binks if the release is so soon...
dont you guys realize valve is bug squashing and finalizing.. the game will go gold soon

bAbYhEaDcRaB said:
imo whats the point in binks if the release is so soon...
Because the Valve definition of soon is vastly different to the 21st century English language definition of soon commonly used amoung humans.

Valve use the word soon haphazardly. When they say "We'll be releasing this soon" or "You'll hear word about it soon" it really means "Shut up and go away".

So, really, 'soon' doesn't mean anything. It's a relative term, though there is an understanding that it means in the forseeable future. Personally, i define soon as 2-3 weeks.

Ahh yes...which brings me to the point of the BINKS. Since Half-Life 2 will be released soon (Valve soon) we have at least 4-5 months of doing nothing. The BINKS would be nice :)

I sort of don't want to see a bizillion new videos, that's why I didn't download the illegal beta. The game will be a lot better if everything seems new to me. I already watched all of the Binks released by Valve and I already think I know too much! The wait is becoming excrutiating but it's gonna be such a good feeling to get my hands on a copy when it is released.

breadbomb said:
I sort of don't want to see a bizillion new videos, that's why I didn't download the illegal beta. The game will be a lot better if everything seems new to me. I already watched all of the Binks released by Valve and I already think I know too much! The wait is becoming excrutiating but it's gonna be such a good feeling to get my hands on a copy when it is released.

The Binks wouldn't be new videos. They're just higher resolution and better quality.

Lethal8472 said:
I'm not really sure how the community will react when the game is released. They might shut themselves away in their room and not be heard from for weeks, or they might visit the site more frequently to say things like "OMG THIS GAME IS TEH 1337!!!!11!" or "WTF OMG TEH SHADOWS DON LOOK RIGHT DIS GAME IS TEH SUK!!!111!!1". Personally, I'm not sure what I'll do, but we will all know what will happen in time...

Obviously youve never been on a forum when a huge game is released. Alot of the time mod makers will shut down their forums for a few days after they release the game, to stop the enormous amount of traffic that their forums recieve.

The second this game is out this place is going to be flooded with topics from likes and dislikes to technical issues. Not only will members here already be posting but thousands of new people who register just to get their problems sorted out.

urseus said:
Obviously youve never been on a forum when a huge game is released. Alot of the time mod makers will shut down their forums for a few days after they release the game, to stop the enormous amount of traffic that their forums recieve.

The second this game is out this place is going to be flooded with topics from likes and dislikes to technical issues. Not only will members here already be posting but thousands of new people who register just to get their problems sorted out.

You say that like it's going to a bug ridden game. I'd rather be optomistic and say it won't. ;) They're taking their time for just that reason. Hopefully this won't be another Far Cry. :rolleyes:

Not that you're wrong about the surge in people joining and posting new threads. It's going to be bedlam around here. I'd just rather if they were posting likes and dislikes alone. ;)

bAbYhEaDcRaB said:
call me optimistic but I think the summer release is still on :LOL:

And I KNOW that Half-life 2 will be released July 2nd 2004.

It came to me in a dream.

G-Nelson said:
And I KNOW that Half-life 2 will be released July 2nd 2004.

It came to me in a dream.

/marks calander.. everything on the internet is true dont you know that
:cheers:

bAbYhEaDcRaB said:
/marks calander.. everything on the internet is true dont you know that
:cheers:
I know! I am still waiting for my "OMGZ LOZLZ FREE 4531~' INhC PPLAZMAZORZZ TVVS!!!!!!! LOLz~`"

Back