Time to talk summer plans

elgms

Medic
Reaction score
Cooked around 65 pounds last saturday, which was May 5. Had boudin, sausage, corn, potatoes, shrimp and mushrooms on the side.

The first things to be cooked were the shrimp for my wife. We bought a couple of pounds of shrimp, the water was brought to a rolling boil, 1/2 bag of spice was added to the pot, then the shrimp were boiled for around 5 minutes.

boiled-crawfish-56121041.jpg

As good as the food was, the company was better.

Mom, dad, my brother, cousin, best buddy, friends,,, all came over. We had a few drinks, talked for hours and had a great time.

A couple of weeks ago I went to a birthday party for a buddy of mine. He cooked close to 220 - 230 pounds of crawfish.

He had two pots setup, 2 burners and 2 propane bottles.

We had a 120 quart ice chest full of crawfish.

Another pic of the food ready to eat

boiled-crawfish-5812710.jpg

Besides cooking, I plan on spending some time on a local river fishing.

We had a crawfish cookout at the company I used to work for in Lousiana. I tried it there for the first time and shit was nasty. I'll stick with good old burgers and hotdogs, thanks.

My plans for this summer... I havent the faintest idea. I dont really know where to go with my life right now, no real goals at the moment. Kinda nice after having goals for so long, so I think I'll just wing it this summer, and do whatever the **** I want. Next year will be the year of goals.

My first crawfish was in a chinese buffet restaurant and it tasted like yellow oozing pus.

I was turned off forever.

it's autumn. I feel ostracised by this thread

You have marginalised me.

My first crawfish was in a chinese buffet restaurant and it tasted like yellow oozing pus.

I was turned off forever.
you had...crawfish...in a shitty little chinese place

the chiense don't know dog shit about crawfish

they don't cook them right, season them right or anything

why do they even try

Raz for the love of god don't base your opinion of crawfish on something the chinese have no business doing

you go to lousiana you get some crawfish you stuff them into your colon and you enjoy them oh my god

I'm going to kill you if not just know this with my butt.

GOD DAMN IT I WANT SEVERAL POUNDS OF THE STUFF NOW GXCFGNFJVHGMJKJL

Current summer plan for most UK residents.

man-in-rain-630.jpg

We have three types of weather here in the UK.

Bloody hot, bloody cold and bloody wet.

Yay summer! I have two weeks of exams left and then I get to be a real person so I'm very excited about this.

I'm probably going to go to various places by the sea (which is most places in Ireland) and then maybe take a trip to London. Then I'm going to start my Masters, thus beginning my career spent in a windowless lab sitting in front of/shouting at an antiquated computer running an antiquated fortran based piece-of-crap software that doesn't work at the weekends because it gets tired.

So that started off good, but now sounds pretty crap :(

you had...crawfish...in a shitty little chinese place

the chiense don't know dog shit about crawfish

they don't cook them right, season them right or anything

why do they even try

Raz for the love of god don't base your opinion of crawfish on something the chinese have no business doing

you go to lousiana you get some crawfish you stuff them into your colon and you enjoy them oh my god

I'm going to kill you if not just know this with my butt.

GOD DAMN IT I WANT SEVERAL POUNDS OF THE STUFF NOW GXCFGNFJVHGMJKJL

I dunno man... even a shittily made hamburger tastes pretty good. I can't imagine the crawfishing improving a great deal. You may just have to kill me.

Well I'm heading into winter so screw you guys.

I dunno man... even a shittily made hamburger tastes pretty good. I can't imagine the crawfishing improving a great deal. You may just have to kill me.
I got your back bro. We can take Willie, as long as he doesnt bring any of those disgusting crawdads. If he does then we're ****ed.

You're both f*cked. In the butt with 7 pounds of crawfish boiled in potatoes, corn and a shit load of seasoning. And my penis.

My penis is boiled and seasoned too.

Going to actually make progress with learning programming this summer (3 months of nothing except a shitty 10 hour job). I hope

Going to actually make progress with learning programming this summer (3 months of nothing except a shitty 10 hour job). I hope

Yes I want to learn coding this summer too. What type of coding are you learning/going to learn? I did like ten minutes of an online javascript course this year so I'll probably continue with that, but I also want to learn Python or something useful like that.

Yes I want to learn coding this summer too. What type of coding are you learning/going to learn? I did like ten minutes of an online javascript course this year so I'll probably continue with that, but I also want to learn Python or something useful like that.

Currently learning C++ (because apparently once you master it, you can learn most other languages with ease) , I grasp most concepts well but applying them is my problem. Will need lots of practice I guess.

Javascript/PHP seems to be what companies are actually looking for, so I think that's most 'useful' in the real world.

Currently learning C++ (because apparently once you master it, you can learn most other languages with ease) , I grasp most concepts well but applying them is my problem. Will need lots of practice I guess.

Javascript/PHP seems to be what companies are actually looking for, so I think that's most 'useful' in the real world.

Languages are easy, it's doing stuff with them that's the hard part. You can learn any language and translate it to other languages with less difficulty.

It's like learning english and then taking that knowledge and writing great works of fiction. It's easier then to learn French, but you still have to have the skills to make those masterpieces.

We have three types of weather here in the UK.

Bloody hot, bloody cold and bloody wet.

We don't have bloody hot, Brits are just pussies about moderate heat.

Will head to Sri Lanka for a couple of weeks. Other than that not sure.

If you can get a tan in it, that classes as hot here, man.

Languages are easy, it's doing stuff with them that's the hard part. You can learn any language and translate it to other languages with less difficulty.

It's like learning english and then taking that knowledge and writing great works of fiction. It's easier then to learn French, but you still have to have the skills to make those masterpieces.

From what I've heard C++ is a good language to start with despite its learning curve, because it doesn't use a lot of "magic"(automatic memory management, managed code(whatever that means)) and gives you a good understanding of what's happening in the computer, at least that's my experience so far.

But I guess I shouldn't be judging about that kind of stuff as a rookie :p

Taking summer classes at either UCLA or UCB

Expecting lots of hard work

From what I've heard C++ is a good language to start with despite its learning curve, because it doesn't use a lot of "magic"(automatic memory management, managed code(whatever that means)) and gives you a good understanding of what's happening in the computer, at least that's my experience so far.

But I guess I shouldn't be judging about that kind of stuff as a rookie :p

Well that's true in a sense, but you can also get that understanding from other languages and you can still use unmanaged code in those languages to do manual memory management and cleanup. I personally think that managed code will be the future, but there's still so many still using C++ and even C.

I feel like the managed languages let you feel more like an architect and less like a plumber.

We don't have bloody hot, Brits are just pussies about moderate heat.
This reminds me of when a bunch of old Irish people who moved to the us died because it was 90+ degrees Fahrenheit out for a few days. Apparently thats a heatwave to them.

Old people don't handle heat well if they're not used to it.

Old Irish people maybe. Americans move to Florida when they get old. Florida is hot.

Plans for the summer:
Buy a lot of booze.
Get a lot of drunk.
Do a lot of musics.
Give a minimal of f*cks.
Get a lot of f*cks.

Not necessarily in that order.

I'm going to play a shitload of Dota 2 and either Path of Exile or Torchlight 2. In the margins, I'll continue practicing bass and maybe start learning C++ for real.

Taking three of my closest friends up to the Poconos for a day in June. Otherwise lots of car stuff.

culvers-berwyn-il-540x323.jpg
I'm going to start working here. Illinois has pretty shitty resturants.

I might move to Mobile, Alabama. We'll see what happens though.

I'm going to start working here. Illinois has pretty shitty resturants.
Where do you live?

I've probably worked at every shitty place in Illinois. Also, Culvers shakes = orgasm.

I'll enjoy going to the pool, provided I have the energy after work.

High school summers were the best. Though one of my best friend's coming back from the marines permanently in June so perhaps I'll recapture just a little bit of those days again.

I didn't realize peoples plans changed based on the season.

Where do you live?

I've probably worked at every shitty place in Illinois. Also, Culvers shakes = orgasm.

I live in the lil 'ol town of Westlake. I basically live waaaaay out there so it's a pain to get to anywhere.

Back