Tips on my lighting.

archvilell

Reaction score
I'm new to the lighting aspect of mapping. I have a single light_environment entity in the top center of the map with pure white brightness and slightly gray ambient settings. My problem is the open areas look great, but my shadows are really dark. I don't want them as dark as they are, because it's only supposed to be overcast, not a sunset. Any tips on how to change the shadow strength?

Here's a screen. (For some reason, the screenshot is a little darker than it is in-game. Maybe because my in-game brightness is high.)

http://img98.exs.cx/img98/4743/cslabsfpss11ds.jpg

have you tried fiddling with the ambient light settings in the light_environment entity? 4th number is brightness

I assume ambient means the color of the light and brightness uses white as 100% light and black as 0% light. I turned ambient to a slight silver and brightness to pure white.

the last number is the brightness of the light. The first 3 numbers are for the red blue and green amounts. the max value for the RGB are 255 and the last number can be anything, not just 0 to 100. bigger# =brighter light!

Back