Tom Clancy's Call of Prey 2: MAXIMUM Dudebro

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/03/16/aliens-on-a-plane-first-prey-2-trailer/

Pretty dumb live action trailer. I think you guys are being too hard on this. That cover is dumb, clearly, but that's presumably the main character (you), and as such you'll probably never see him for more than a second. The original was really interesting and impressive, I thought, for such a small name title. The premise sounds like it could be pretty interesting too.

From the looks of it this isn't really a true sequel, as the story is actually taking place parallel to the original one. Remember that passanger plane crashing in the original game? Well maybe this is the same one in the trailer.
Freeroam plus being the only human on a strange aline world might actually be good. If they manage to pull off that mix of atmosphere/exploration/action/adventure this might very well turn out to be the new Unreal, which pretty much had a similar premise.
But I'm getting ahead of myself, I'll have to see some screenshots, and actual gameplay videos before I get my hopes up about this.

You also should have realized there is already a hitman 3 and that the next one coming out is 5.

well after the second they didnt have numbers and one was like a "chronicles" not a sequel

The title inspired me to do the image BTW. I thought he was being sarcastic.

Edit: Someone already did AC3. ;-;

Edit: Someone already did AC3. ;-;

That reminds me of another huded dudebro...

prototypei.jpg

- "Heavily inspired by Mirror's Edge, but also Mass Effect, Riddick and Blade Runner" - Producer

Could they have been any more random with big name titles to claim inspiration? None of them even relate to one another, beyond a general sci-fi setting.

And Mirror's Edge isn't really sci-fi in my opinion.

Sorry for the bump, but I just read this preview of the game: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/18/prey-2-preview/

Quite frankly after reading the first impressions, and seeing the screenshots, I'm actually starting to look forward to this game.
From the sounds of it all those inspiration references they listed are valid. It will be a first person open world game with parkour elements, high emphasis on vertical gameplay, and set in a large alien city that does look very Mass Effect/Blade Runner like.
So you have the parkour from Mirror's Edge, the noire atmosphere and large sci-fi city from Blade Runner, stealth elements like in Riddick, and plenty of aliens to interact with like in Mass Effect.

That being said I still think the design of the main character is terrible, even standard "space marine" Shepard is better than this.

In an interesting turn of events, neither you nor Killian have any idea of what transpired during the interim. Killian is aware of his profession and has retained his skills, but beyond that it's up to you to piece together the missing years.
an interesting turn of events
dohohoho

I'm not sure what to think yet, not until I see some gameplay videos. This could be really good sci-fi, or it could be a lame "me too" copy of games like GTA IV and Prototype. Or both.

The game sounds really amazing, I'll wait for gameplay footage before I get too excited, of course.

I really dig Human Head Studios. I'm preying this is a good game too. hehehuehue

Sounds like a game I'd really like to prey. ahuehuaha

kk, done

the true is not looking that bad but is so diferent from the first one......

Back