Tooless.

ShinRa

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Guys, I have a problem, the case I'm ordering says Tooless in the description. What does that mean? Is it not going to come with certain parts or what not?

Here:

REAL CASE (BLACK) 3G READY Tooless ATX Mid Tower Case with 400watt Power Supply MODEL RW-1000BG - RETAIL
Specifications:
3G Ready Air Duct
Type: ATX
Expansion Slots: 7
Drive Bays: 5 1/4" FDD x 4 & 3 1/2" FDD x 2 3 1/2" HDD x 1 (hidden)
Fans: 2x
Power Supply: 400 Watt
Front Ports: 2x USB2.0 and Audio
Dimensions: 7.56" x 17.32" x 16.93

It just means it comes with thumb screws in place of the conventional screws that secure most cases. This allows you to access internal components of your system without ever needing to pick up a screw driver.

So, I take it this is a good thing? lol. Will my system still be as secure as with screwed in components?

(wow, the god of hl2.net help me!! :))

i guess with thumb screws theres more of a chance of a screw coming loose if you move the case around and rub against the back, but over all i'd say its just as secure, i wouldnt worry about it.

[edit]

this is what a thumbscrew looks like, it just has a larger head so you can grip it with your fingers and undo it. (some of them have a rounded head)

SC%20%20THUMB%20SCREW.jpg

That's a really zoomed in pic I hope LOL. Looks like an enormous screw about the size of my entire comp! :p

Back