Total Recall 2012

Remus

Companion Cube
Reaction score

God damn, every trailer has to have that inception horn now. It's really getting old.

Other than that looks entertaining enough I guess.

Oh and "Actually you haven't even begun to see me try to kill you".
Actually if you tried that in real life you would be eating lead, but don't let that stop a "cool" movie scene.

Also the future city art direction looks similar to that in Minority Report.

Also the future city art direction looks similar to that in Minority Report.

Interestingly enough, both the Minority Report short story and the Total Recall short story were written by the same author. He also wrote A Scanner Darkly and the book that Blade Runner is based on.

Also the Adjustment Bureau. He was such a dick though.

I'm extremely sorry.

Interestingly enough, both the Minority Report short story and the Total Recall short story were written by the same author. He also wrote A Scanner Darkly and the book that Blade Runner is based on.

Does Philip K. Dick go into detail describing the environment in his books? I would assume so since now that I think about it there are aesthetic similarities between all the movies based on his books.

I don't recall much detail about locations in A Scanner Darkly or Androids but I often gloss over such things while reading.

Looks like a pretty fun video game.

That looks really terrible.

Over-stylized slow motion action sequences galore.

Shutter Island had that music before Inception.

Looks like potentially fun action sci-fi shlock but it's also directed by the Underworld guy so hnngg.

Does Philip K. Dick go into detail describing the environment in his books? I would assume so since now that I think about it there are aesthetic similarities between all the movies based on his books.
Not as much as you might think. Most of his stories are character oriented and he isn't known for being overly elaborate in describing the environment. Also the film version of most of his stuff is pretty significantly different from his actual writing (like Blade Runner is almost nothing like Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep in most ways).

This movie could be interesting and I'll probably watch it but I doubt it'll rate more than a 6/10 or so. The only reason its even on my radar is because it's based on PKD fiction.

Back