Totally and unrepentantly badass music youtube videos

I don't know if the video is badass, but the story behind the band is. The song is pretty good; I like it a lot. Great pop sound.
Hypernova: Lost In Space
Influences:

* Depeche Mode
* Nine Inch Nails
* Queens of the Stone Age
* The Psychedelic Furs
The Depeche Mode influence is quite obvious.
what's a better story than a rock band from the Islamic Republic of Iran, where it's illegal to rock?
"Growing up in Iran, we were raised in this very Orwellian state, and were always afraid of the authorities," Raam says. "Kids were told to squeal on their parents, and you get to the point where you say, 'F- - - it! I don't care if I'm going to get lashed or thrown into jail. I'm going play my g- - - - - - guitar!"
He formed a rock band in a country where you can literally get lashed for playing Western music, but he got sick of jamming in his Tehran basement. On a whim, Hypernova tried for the 2007 South by Southwest music festival and some real exposure. The musicians got in, but they didn't get their visas in time to make it. But with visas in hand, they seized the opportunity to get out of Iran and came to the U.S. anyway.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=125780177

Cool. I hear a lot of Interpol in them. Also, was it you who posted "Burning Beard" by Clutch? Because that song is awesome and I really like that band now.

Cool. I hear a lot of Interpol in them. Also, was it you who posted "Burning Beard" by Clutch? Because that song is awesome and I really like that band now.
I'm familiar with Clutch, but no, that wasn't me.

Back